Coffee|2

The chilled air hit my skin as I pushed out the sweet shop. I didn't look back as I continued onto my vehicle and slipped in quickly. I started the ignition right before nearly jumping out of my skin from the tap on my window. The person in question crouched next to the glass, there was that smirk that didn't completely form on his face again. My fingers hesitantly pressed the button to lower the barrier between us.

I was so flustered and hot, I couldn't even look his way. My hands pushed over my already tied back hair. "You never got my name."

My eyes stayed trained on the street out before me, "What would that be?"

"Harry."

"Well I have to, " I tried to shake the fogginess from my brain, "uhm I have to get going." My eyes dared a glimpse his way.

"You like to abruptly go. I don't like that." For the first time I got an almost smile from 'Harry'. But if he didn't like my actions why was he smiling?

"Sorry?" I spoke uncertain.

"Mhm."

A question suddenly arose and before I could stop my tongue, it left my mouth, "What a weird coincidence we crossed paths here."

His already very monotone face went even more void of emotion, "Yes I suppose so."

I rolled my bottom lip between my teeth and nodded. I buckled my seatbelt and looked back to the curly hair'ed man. "I need to get home."

"Why?" His question caught me off guard causing me to pause. There was actually no other reason than the fact that Harry spooked the hell out of me. "I don't think you need to get home."

"Sir-"

"Harry," he corrected.

"Har-" he suddenly stood and walked away. I looked in my rear view mirror and saw his retreating form. "Okay?" This Harry guy seemed to be rather odd.

Finally, I was able to drive away. I pulled right into the buzzing traffic where I was soon stopped at a red light. Who was Harry? Why did I care? I rested my chin on my steering wheel deep in thought. A horn pushed me from my ponder, the light was green. I drove in silence, which I enjoyed most.

After singing to entirely too many songs on my indie play list, my mind drifted to my parents. I understood they worked very hard to be where we are financially and socially but their "business trips" never became any easier for me to accept. Some mornings I would wake up and poof, they were gone. Of course I loved my parents but I wished that they would maybe stick around long enough for me to express it. Maybe a book would take me away from life a bit. Deciding on my destination I turned down a main road.

I pulled into the parking lot of my favorite Barnes & Noble. My gaze fell onto my toes peeking from the black straps of my shoes as I walked into the book filled building. A pedicure was needed. The black nail polish was chipping only slightly but still, that was unacceptable.

Looking around at all the different romances stacked on high shelves always seemed to have me in a state of complete comfort; except today. I felt a presence some where near but tried to ignore the nerve ticking feeling. As minutes went by and I still hadn't been able to concentrate well enough to find a decent book, I decided to face this mystery that I could feel somewhere near. But when I turned around nothing was there.

"Come on Adela get it together."

After I found a seemingly decent novel I made my way to the checkout and purchased my sea of words. "Thank you," I mumbled handing the man my debit card.

"That's quite a good book." I turned around to a pair of grey eyes like my own.

"Quinn!" I wrapped my arms around his neck and he returned the favor by letting his link around my hips. "What are you doing here?"