CUDDLE BUDDY

Days goes by like minutes around the castle. Back then you didn't really have that much things to do around the castle before since you were more younger, but you're almost an adult, so you get more things to do. And yet, when you finally have free time, you can't even spend it with your best friend Alec. The minute you try to see if you two can hang out and its either he's currently doing something else or just Emilia's little excuses.

"He needs to get his hair trimmed."

"He needs to see if the crown fits perfectly on his head."

"He needs to tailor his suit for our big day."

"He needs to do this and he needs to do that. Either being King is weighing him down or it's Emilia." You said to yourself. "Um, may I ask who are you talking to?" You turn around to see another maid there. "Oh my bad. I was just talking to myself." You laughed nervously. "Anyway, I should get back to doing my job." You started walking away. "You know, you're not the only maid she boss around." You stopped in your tracks. You turned around and walked back to the maid. "While yes she is suppose to tell us what to clean, but it's the way she says it. And then after we clean up the mess, she'll make a mess again in the same area and say, 'you missed a spot.' Like I don't know where I'm cleaning! The nerve of her!"

"Tell me about it. She's slowly taking Alec away from me. I can't even have a conversation with him." "And that's the funny thing too. Every time the king or the prince is around, she acts like a little angel." "You guys see that too? I thought I was going crazy with her." Another maid comes around the corner. She started telling you two the things she did to her, and then shortly after, almost the entire maid staff is complaining about her. 'What is it with her and maids?' You thought.

By the time you realized it, it was night time. All of the maids went into the maid's quarters where you all sleep in. Before you all went to bed, you started chatting with the ladies there. It was as if you made friends around the castle, in which you did. "Okay everyone. I know we don't like princess Emilia but for now we just get to sleep. We have a long day ahead of us now." Mom commented. "Yes mom." You replied. Everyone, including you went to bed.

"Psst....Psst!"
You groan as you have been woken up by someone. You turned around to see who it was and it was none other than Alec. He smiled, "hey. Long time no see. I missed you." "Let me guess, you have something big tomorrow and you don't know how to be mature." "Nope. It's just that Emilia moves around a lot in her sleep, and she snores too." "She sleeps with you?" "Yeah. Is that a problem?" You blushed at the thought, "no. Why are you here then?" "Like I said, I missed you. The castle has been getting boring ever since I couldn't see you." You smiled gently, "I missed you too." "So um, can you scoot over a bit?" "Huh?" "My bed has been taken over by Emilia, and this is the only place I could think of sleeping in." You blushed. 'Why is my heart racing? I mean, we use to do this all the time when we were kids, so why do I have butterflies in my stomach now?' You thought.

He chuckled, "don't worry. We could have our backs against each other, like always." He sits down on the bed. You scoot over slightly, enough to give him room. He layer down with his back towards you. You stopped for a moment, thinking if you still wanna keep on doing that back thing. You move closer to him, placed your arm around him and snuggled up his back. Just feeling his body heat made you calm and quickly made you sleep.

Morning

"Ahem. Hello? Get your ass up!"
You were waken up again, but by a different voice. You looked up to see Emilia, hovering over you. "Can I help you?" "Where's prince Alec?" "What?" She pulled my shirt up and pulled me close to her. "You heard what I said. Where. Is. Alec?" "Look, I don't know where he is. Ask someone else, you someone fully woke." She pushed you back onto your bed and said, "I know he was here last night." "And you called me the stalker." You mumbled under your breath. "Excuse me?!" You instantly get up and said, "ILL GO FIND HIM FOR YOU PRINCESS!" "Just as i thought." She walked out of the room. You sighed of relief. "Now time to go find the prince."