Lucy then tripped on a root and fell while Susan leant down to pick her up. Barking was heard as they realized the wolves were catching up to them. "They're in the tunnel." Lucy whispered. "Yeah, I think we can hear that."

"Quick! This way." the Beavers then took off with Anastasia right behind them. "Hurry!" Mrs. Beaver exclaimed. "Run!" Peter yelled back at the rest. "Quick, quick, quick." Susan encouraged Lucy. They all stopped once they reached a dead end.

"You should've brought a map!" Mrs. Beaver chastised. "There wasn't room next to the jam!" Mr. Beaver yelled before jumping up and opening the hatch. "Of course there was jam." Anastasia said. Peter and Alastair quickly ushered the girls before them.

Once the two boys got out they helped Mr. Beaver put a barrel in front of the hatch. Lucy yelled as she tripped on something and fell backwards. Everyone immediately turned. They looked down and saw she had tripped on pieces of stone.

Mr. Beaver walked up to one of the statues and they all guessed it must have been his friend. "I'm so sorry, dear." Mrs. Beaver consoled. "He was my best mate." Mr. Beaver solemnly said.

Anastasia's jaw clenched knowing what it was like to lose a best friend. Alastair sadly looked at his sister, remembering the times they weren't at each others necks, but being actual siblings.

'I'll always be there for you.'

"What happened here?" Peter asked. "This is what becomes of those who cross the Witch." A voice suddenly spoke up, startling Mrs. Beaver, Lucy and Susan. "You take one more step ,traitor, or I'll chew you to splinters!" Mr. Beaver barged up to him. "Relax," the fox laughed, "I'm one of the good guys."

"So this is what the fox says." Ana mumbled. "Well you look an awful lot like one of the bad ones." Mr. Beaver stated not believing him. "An unfortunate family resemblance. Now we can argue breeding later. But right now we've got to move." The fox said. The group heard the wolves behind them and got frantic. "What did you have in mind?" Alastair asked.

"Greeting Gents!" The fox told the wolves as if nothing was wrong. "Lost something have we?" he taunted. Maugrim snarled at him "Don't patronize me! I know where your allegiance lies. We're looking for some humans."

The fox chuckled, "Humans? Here in Narnia? That's a valuable bit of information, don't you think?" A wolf quickly ran and grabbed the fox by his body making him whine in pain.

Lucy and Mr. Beaver were about to say something until Peter and Mrs. Beaver covered their mouths. Anastasia's body started heating up in anger.

She might not have cared much about people, but one thing she couldn't stand was animal cruelty.

"Your reward is your life." Maugrim quipped. "It's not much, but still. Where are the fugitives?" "North." The fox finally said, "They ran North" He continued faking pointing at the 'way they went'. "Smell them out." Maugrim demanded.

The wolves dropped the fox and ran North. The group waited a couple minutes until they were sure it was safe. Then they jumped out of the tree and went up to the fox.

Once they got a little camp set up, Ana set some pieces of wood on fire for heat. "They were helping Tumnus," The fox explained, "The Witch got here before I did. Ow!" Mrs. Beaver had been tending to his wound until he yelped in pain.

"Are you alright?" Lucy asked softly. "Well I wish I could say their bark was worse than their bite." "Stop squirming! You're worse than Beaver on bath day!" Mrs. Beaver exclaimed. "Worst day of the year" Mr. Beaver chuckled.

"Let me help." Anastasia spoke up. This shocked the humans of the group because they knew Anastasia cared about her own self being. But they guessed it was the fact that it was an animal and not a person.

Suddenly, very light orange wisps came out and started mending the wound back together. They watched as the fox was completely healed before she leaned back tired from the day.

"Thank you for your kindness, your Majesty." The fox started flinching as he got up due to the soreness of the healed wound. "But I'm afraid that's all the cure I have time for." "You're leaving?" Lucy spoke up. "It has been a pleasure, My Queen, and an honor, but time is short, and Aslan himself has asked me to gather more troops."

Anastasia zoned out until she heard Susan say "But we're not planning on fighting any witch." "That's true." She said. "But surely, King Peter, the Prophecy!" The fox stated, confused as to why they don't want to help. "We can't go to war without you." Mr. Beaver softly stated. "We just want our brother back." He softly stated.

"Even though this is technically his fault, but not really at the same time." "Ana." Alastair scolded. The girl merely rolled her eyes before going to sleep.