Hayley, who was laying on Jasper's lap, sat up and nodded her head. "Is everything alright?" She asked.

The doctor nodded his head as he walked towards the couple. "As you know, I did a blood test after you fainted at the wedding," he began. "At first, I thought the test came back wrong, but then I talked to Ellen since I have little knowledge on dhampirs."

"Is Hayley okay?" Jasper asked, fearing the worse. "What did the test say?"

"Hayley's perfectly fine," Carlisle quickly said. "Everything came back negative on the test, except for one thing... Hayley, you're 10 weeks pregnant."

Hayley's eyes widened, "I'm sorry, what?"

Jasper shook his head, "You know that's not possible, Carlisle."

"I thought the same thing," he said. "But since dhampirs are a rare species, their DNA allows them to procreate with any supernatural being."

"Why didn't my mom say anything?" Hayley asked. "If I would've known we could have used protection or something."

"She said it simply slipped her mind," Carlisle explained.

"It slipped her mind?!" Hayley growled. "We haven't even been married for a year and now I'm pregnant? Are we even ready for a baby? A dhampir-vampire hybrid baby? I mean-"

"Calm down, darling," Jasper told his wife as he used his gift. "What do you know about dhampir and vampire children?"

"Ellen didn't know much, but she did mention that the pregnancy and baby will progress like a normal, and that the baby will be a dhampir. Hayley and the baby will be in no danger," the doctor said. "Though, I would like to do an ultrasound since you're already 10 weeks."

"Can we have a minute? Please?" Hayley asked.

Carlisle nodded, "Take all the time you two need."

After he left, Hayley turned to her husband with a worried look on her face. "This is crazy, Jasper," she said.

"I know it is," he agreed. "But I can't help but think this is also a blessing. We can have a family of our own."

"So you're happy? You actually want this baby?" She asked in a hopeful tone.

Jasper placed a hand on her stomach that was already beginning to grow, "Of course I am. I never thought I would get the chance to be a father. I love you, Hayley."

"I love you," she replied, placing her hand on top of his.

"So are you ready to go see Carlisle?" He asked.

Hayley nodded her head, "Let's go see our baby."

*

Hayley laid on a table in Carlisle's office with her stomach exposed. Since she has always been very slim, her baby bump was already making an appearance. She simply thought she was gaining weight, which is why she never thought about the possibility of being pregnant.

"This might be a little cold," Carlisle warned as he applied a clear gel to her lower stomach.

Hayley smiled as she reached out and grabbed Jasper's hand. "Trust me, I'm used to the cold," she said.

Carlisle smiled as he grabbed the ultrasound wand. He turned the computer screen towards himself and placed the wand against her stomach. "Have you two talked about everything?" He asked as he concentrated on the screen.

"We have," Hayley answered.

"We're going to keep the baby," Jasper said.

Carlisle looked at the couple and smiled. "That baby is going to be lucky to have parents like you," he told them.

"You're going to be a grandpa!" Hayley exclaimed with a smile.

"I guess I am," the doctor said with a small laugh.

He went back to looking at the screen as he moved the wand around more. "So, when can we learn the gender?" Hayley asked, trying to look at the computer.

"Around 18 to 21 we—"

The couple watched as Carlisle's eyes widened. Shock radiated off of him, making Jasper nervous. "What is it? Is something wrong?" He asked, accidently squeezing his wife's hand.

Without a word, Carlisle turned the computer screen towards them. He pointed to the two white spots, "These are your babies."

"Babies?" Jasper whispered, staring at the screen with wide eyes.

"It's twins?" Hayley asked.

Carlisle nodded. "It explains why you're already showing," he said.

"There's two of them?" Jasper questioned in disbelief.

"Yes, son," Carlisle told him. "Since there are two separate sacs, the babies won't be identical."

"Aw, I was hoping for two identical girls," Hayley pouted.

Carlisle smiled before becoming serious once more. "The only thing I'm concerned about is you," he told Hayley. "Carrying two children will be more tiring and stressful to your body. You must make sure you're eating enough and getting enough rest, especially since you already passed out."

"Don't worry," she told him. "You know Jasper will take care of us."

Jasper smiled at her, his shock finally wearing off. "Of course I will," he told her.

Darling ⇾ Jasper HaleOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara