Chapter 16 The Fated Meeting

Start from the beginning

'She's so kind. So noble. So beautiful. Looking at her makes me forget I'm dying. That remains me, Otousan told me that-' His eyes went wide. 'That the person I love will make me forget about my worries and I will always want to be with them. I can't get by one day without Tamayo-sama's comfort. She makes me feel so warm. Am I-'

"Yushiro." Tamayo cut him from his thoughts. "How are you feeling?" Yushiro blinked once. At this point, blinking was his only form of communication. Once meant bad/no. Twice meant good/yes. 

Tamayo cupped his cheek which he leaned into. "Listen, I finished the medicine. It will cure you, but there is a heavy price. You will abandon your humanity and became a demon. If I don't do it, you will succumb to your illness but losing your humanity will cause pain as well. There also are changes you will have to make in your lifestyle..."

While Tamayo explained further, Yushiro took in her features. 'Her eyes gleam with knowledge. Has she been through this? Poor Tamayo-sama.' He frowned when she removed her hand from his cheek allowing the cold air to take over the warmth. 'I think of her even in my sleep and crave her touch, I have no doubt in my mind...'

"So, tell me, do you wish to live as a demon?"

'...I love her. Maybe I can make her happy.' Yushiro blinked twice marking the end of his human life and the beginning of his demon life forever by her side.

---

Yushiro concluded his story staring at the ceiling the whole time. A heavy silence overcame the bedroom and he feared Kumiko fell asleep. He snuck a glance to her side of the room. She was still awake seemingly thinking things over. "Well, nothing to say?" He asked impatiently. Kumiko sighed defeatedly and shook her head 'no'. Yushiro turned his back to her. "Thanks for listening."

"No problem." Kumiko replied with a close eyed smile.

It had been a couple of days since the channeling. Yushiro had just been cooped up in the bedroom since that night. Kumiko in turn stayed cooped up to console him. A knock came from the door followed by Tamayo walking in. She sat in the space between the futons turning her attention to the despondent Yushiro. She placed a hand on his shoulder, but he was quick to smack it away.

"Leave me alone."

"This feels familiar." Tamayo said softly making Yushiro shudder at the similarity between their first meeting and now. "I'm amazed you had the strength to resist. It made me more determined to help you. You weren't my first patient, but I didn't grow close any of them as much as I did you, Yushiro. All my previous patients either stayed for a short while or were too focused on surviving. You put in effort to talk to me until you could no longer do so." She chuckled. "When you got passed resisting, you became so needy for affection. It was kind of funny."

"Shut up!" Yushiro snapped much to Tamayo's shock. He glared strongly at the demoness making her sweat drop. Anger boiled up each second that was spent looking at her, so he ran out of the room.

"It's still daytime, Yushiro!" Kumiko warned following after him but the closer she got the faster he'd run. Her heart skipped several beats as he swung the front door open. She thanked the Gods for the thick grey clouds effectively blocking out the sun. 

"Yushiro come back! Tamayo-sama meant no harm." 

Yushiro came to a screeching halt. Veins popped out of his clenched fist and forehead seeing red. She approached cautiously. "Yushiro let's-ack!" Yushiro spun on his heel and smacked Kumiko with a force that made her fall to the ground. The metallic smell wafting the air snapped him out of his angered state.

Oh shit! What have I done? He scolded himself seeing Kumiko lying on the floor hand over her cheek. Blood trickled out of her mouth and nose. Tears streamed down her eyes uncontrollably and she hyperventilated but still looked like a fish out of water. "Kumiko?" He said softly.

The look she gave him sent thousand needles of guilt to pierce every inch of his heart. Her whole body shook violently. Her eyes gleamed with petrification. She curled up into a ball as he drew closer. "I'M SORRY OTOUSAN! I DIDN'T MEAN TO HAVE A WEAK AURA! I'M SORRY! STOP! PLEASE STOP!"

Tamayo caught up to the two and pulled Kumiko into a hug. "It's okay, Kumiko. It's not your father. You're safe. Breath."

The demon in Yushiro's mind got to work. "Her father. That's what she sees you as. A few minutes ago, she listened to your sob story. She was kind to you from the start and this is how you repay her you complete utter waste of trash."

"I DIDN'T MEAN TO BE WEAK!"

"You aren't weak sweetie. Just breath." 

"Of course Kumiko isn't the weak one. You are the weak one. Leave! Neither of them should be worrying about your pathetic self." Yushiro glanced at Kumiko as Tamayo convinced her to let her examine her face. A burning red hand mark enveloped her entire cheek. The top of her lip was split and swelling up. The bleeding had calmed but that didn't matter. 

Tamayo glanced at Yushiro for the first time giving him a 'see what you've done' face before turning back to Kumiko. "You'll be okay. Let's get you inside."

"Don't bother following them. You have done enough. Leave!" Yushiro took a few steps back before turning tail and running. His thoughts blocked out Kumiko's plead for him to return. He just had to run. Where to? He didn't care. He could fall off the face of the Earth so long as he wasn't around to do more harm. 

---

Taisho Secret: Yushiro would often cuddle a pillow that had Tamayo's photo on it.

Within the Aura [Discontinued]On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara