The Game and Aftermath

Start from the beginning

" Are you happy now? Satisfied that I am still your best friend or do you need some other proof?, "I asked.

" Nope! This is enough. I am gonna win today you just watch, "he said confidently.

Sam just finished his bragging, when suddenly came an angry voice, " Wow someone has already picked up a side and here we were told that the person is gonna be neutral. "

I knew the voice, the person, it was Shawn, an angry Shawn I should say.

                        Shawn's POV

Everything was blissful after Trisha's birthday.  She was really touched by my present. She told me how much she liked it and how thoughtful it was of me to get her such a gift.

The progress chart of our friendship had a hike after her birthday, she started to talk more and sometimes initiate a conversation.

A whole month went by with all our tests and assignments before the Christmas slash winter breaks and few days before the start of the holidays was the match, the one which will decide my captaincy status in the team. The game is  tomorrow and I am very excited firstly because of the game and secondly because I somehow managed to find out that Trisha is also coming for the match.

I don't know why but I wanted her to there. Her mere presence brings out the best in me.

Tomorrow came and with that the excitement and pressure of the match. Coach and our captain Jeremy gave us all some peep talks before the match.

Before the start of the match I decided to roam around to relax but what I saw next made me far more than relax.

There she was, the girl whom I was so excited to have in the stands while I play, wearing the jacket of the opponent team and laughing with my beloved cousin.

Jeremy told me that she would come but will not support anyone as both teams are dear to her (I don't know why Jeremy is so close to her but that's not the point here).

There she was, showing which team she was actually here for. I could not control my anger and said, "wow someone has already picked up a side I see. "

Upon hearing my voice Trisha turned towards me and started to say something but before she could speak my beloved cousin said, "so what han! Wasn't it obvious that she would choose her school....

"Old school," I interjected

" Yeah whatever school, old school doesn't matter. She is here to support her best friend and that's me. Three or four months in a new school isn't gonna change anything, "he said with a smirk.

It irked me and we both started to argue.

                          Trisha's POV

And just like that they both started to argue, more like shouting at each other.

I couldn't take it anymore and shouted, " Enough! Both of you just stop it. I am not some toy you used to fight for while playing as a kid. Plus you both are not  kids anymore. So, stop behaving like one."

Then I turned towards Shawn to clear the misunderstanding about the jacket I don't know why I felt the need to and said, "It's true, I am not supporting anyone today. I just want the best team to win. I want you both to perform your best and this jacket, well this jacket doesn't prove anything. I came here to wish you both all the best but now seeing you both argue ike this I want you to promise me that you won't fight today, neither on the field nor after the match and saying that I extended my hands so that they can put theirs to promise me.