𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑.

implicit demand for proof

"I GUESS WE DO," I nodded at David and slowly took a seat on the couch next to Paul. David walked over to a wheelchair and sat down, I'm guessing it was represented as being his throne since he was the 'leader' out of the four. Marko and Dwayne also took a seat next to each other on a different couch. Paul took my hand in his and gave me a reassuring smile.

"I know for a fact that the four of you are vampires," I simply said. I could feel Paul tense beside me and tighten his hand around mine.

"Really?" David deadpanned, not believing me.

"Yes, really," I confirmed. "Max told me."

"And why would he tell you that without killing you?" David inquired with an eyebrow raised, the other boys just watching curiously. 

"Because I'm a vampire too. Well, a hybrid. I'm also a witch," I admitted.

"Well, you better start from the beginning, Elizabeth," David advised.

"I was born sometime in the tenth century. My father was a Viking and my mother is a witch. I had seven siblings, but sadly we lost our older sister, she was the first child. It was autumn, and the year I guess would have been 1001 AD. In the village we were living in, the people were mostly werewolves. Our youngest brother was killed by one. My mother didn't want to lose another child so she performed a powerful ritual in order to protect my father, siblings, and me.

The ritual turned us into creatures faster and stronger than the wolves. We were also resistant to death. My mother called on the power of the sun for life, the ancient white oak tree for immortality, and the magic blood of the Petrova doppelganger, which would allow us to be reborn as a new species. We then became the world's first vampires," I elucidated. 

"The Originals," Dwayne commented.

"Yes, how'd you know?" I mused.

"I've done my research," he chuckled slightly.

"However," I continued, "nature is a balancing act. For every strength granted, there was also a weakness. The sun that granted life now burned us upon touch and kept us forever in the dark. The vervain grown from the white oak tree burned us and prevented mind compulsion. Finally, for being born from blood, we were cursed with a terrible bloodlust that consumed our every waking moment. 

Due to our hunger, we massacred half of our village, including the woman whose blood created us. We couldn't stop ourselves, this was completely new for all of us. Later on, we discovered that I wasn't just a vampire. I was also a witch. This was caused by my mother, with her being a witch and all. We learned that when she gave birth to me some of her powers kind of transformed into me. It was extremely rare but here I am," I finished.

"What about the tree?" Marko questioned.

"We burned it. So now nothing can kill us, not even a normal wooden stake. We can also walk in the daylight since my mother made us daylight rings. So as long as we wear them, the sun can't burn us," I informed.

"Wow," Paul sighed. "So you're like a thousand years old, I can dig that."

"I'm glad you feel that way," I playfully rolled my eyes. I don't think anyone knew what to say after that, I think they were all just accepting what I had just told them. It was a lot to take in.

"What was yesterday all about?" David asked.

"I saw something," I vaguely replied.

"What was it?" He urged.