Meet again (chapter 5)

Jessie's pov:
While me and Layla were outside of the café waiting for Teagan and Hailie I saw Mal. I don't even know why she was here, but she was by herself so I waved at her to come over to where me and Layla are standing. "Hey jess!" Mal says hugging me. "Hey." I answer. "Oh! This is Layla. Layla this is Mal." I introduce them too eachother. "LJ?" Mal asks. Layla looked up from her phone, "wh- Mal?" Layla looked confused but happy. "Hi! Oh my god I haven't seen you in forever!" Mal says jumping on Layla. She giggled holding Mal up so she didn't fall. I just stood there not knowing what to do, while that was happening Teagan and hails saw us. "MALLORY!!!" They shout running towards her, Layla puts Mal down before being able to get knocked over by the taller goalkeeper. "Am I missing something?" I whisper towards Layla. "Oh, me and Mal used to talk allot when I would go to visit my cousin." Layla explains. "Ok" I say putting my arm over her shoulder. "Oooooo, what's going on here?" Teagan says in a high pitched tone. "Nothing?" Layla says confused. Teagan raises her eyebrow at me, which makes me turn away from her to talk to Mallory.

We walk into the café catching up with Mal. When Layla gets up to go to the bathroom Mal quickly moves to sit next to me. I look up questioningly "hi?" I ask. "If you hurt a hair on Layla's head I will personally kill you." She says flatly. "I-uhh- what?" I question.
"Layla's been hurt a lot, and I don't want you too add onto that hurt Jess. She's the sweetest person ever." She explained. "What happened?" I ask. "That isn't my place to tell you. She'll open up when she wants to." She says before getting up and going back to her seat just as Layla's coming over to us.

~~later on after training~~

I'm gonna ask Layla on a date. It's been around a week of getting to know each other and it might seem
quick but we've already kissed so I'm gonna do it. I walk into the room looking for Layla she's just on her bed reading a book. I put my stuff down and sit in front of her.

Layla's pov
Jess plopped down in front of me causing me to look up at her. "Hi." She says grinning at me, "hiya, Jeff" I respond. She looks unamused with the nickname but brushes it off. "Can I ask you a question?" She asks while fiddling with her hoodie strings. "Uhh, sure." I say. I giggled at her nervous state. "Don't laugh! This is important!" She says trying to hold in a chuckle. "OH MY GOD. ARE YOU DYING?!" I rush out. "No. Layla calm down. I'm not dying." "Ok, good" I let out a sigh of relief.
I can hear her mumble incoherent things under her breath. "You ok?" I ask. "Yeah.... Do you wann- like want to go- on a date. With me? Do you wanna go on a date with me?" She questions hopefully. "Yes!" I say jumping on top of her. I kiss her cheek lightly while snuggling into her neck, she raps her arms around my waist pulling me closer "yes." She says under her breath. I just giggle playing with the hairs in the nape of her neck.

~~the date~~
Jessie's pov:
We went to a little diner around a 45 minute drive away from the campus.
Layla's outfit👇