e

𝚕𝚘𝚗𝚎𝚕𝚢 𝚎𝚢𝚎𝚜

𝚗𝚘, 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚍𝚘𝚗'𝚝 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚑𝚒𝚍𝚎

𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐𝚜 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚏𝚎𝚎𝚕 𝚒𝚗𝚜𝚒𝚍𝚎, 𝚒 𝚏𝚎𝚎𝚕 𝚝𝚘𝚘

he allows himself to crumble onto the pavement. a few drops of blood dot the dark grey canvas he lays on, and he's sure that there are more to come from him.

what has happened?

he knows that he's in need of medical assistance, so he pulls his phone and attempts to find thiea's number. at least she can send the ambulance to him, right?

he searches through the contacts, frequently squinting to readjust his vision. he knows he doesn't have much time because everything is getting blurry.

he can't find her name, he searches and searches. but it's not there. the edges of his vision are now hazy, so he clicks on the most recent contact on his list. the call is from a few weeks ago but he doesn't register the name of the person on the other end.

he answers quickly, blurting out his words.

need help. hurt. outside this convenience store.

he feels his body starting to give up and tries to keep his eyes open for as long as possible. looking at the phone in his hand, he glares at the screen as his sight becomes foggy.

he could have sworn there was a picture of thiea and him. they had taken it together. but now there was only a single pair of eyes. a single pair of his own lonely eyes, looking back at him. despite their solidarity, they look comforting. they look the same way her eyes did. somehow those eyes coerce him to let it all out. to let it all out because he wasn't the only one who felt that way.

and so he did.

all the emotions he had bottled up came out in the form of tears. they raced down his cheek, hitting the pavement drop by drop. mixing with the blood and sweat on the sidewalk he laid on. he cries and cries, until his vision gets darker and darker.

he lets his eyelids flutter shut, eyelashes gently touching the tops of his wet, pain-stained cheeks.