Conclusion

(Y/N)'s POV

I was in Norman's house. I set his body down on his bed.

'I can't believe it. It's over. He's dead.'

I heard the door to the room open.

"Norman?"

I turned to see Weiss standing at the door.

She covered her mouth with her hands.

"What have you done?" she said. "WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?!"

She reached for Myrtenaster, but by the time she pointed it at me, I had leapt outside.

I watched from out the window.

She ran to Norman's body.

"Norman?" she said, shaking him. "Norman? Norman please!"

She was starting to tear up.

I'd never seen her and Norman in the same room before. I never knew how close they really were. Even though I already felt horrible about Norman's death, watching this made me feel even worse.

At this point, she was crying. Nothing was holding back her tears.

I couldn't take it anymore.

I leapt off the wall and swung back to Beacon.

'I'm sorry, Weiss.'

Timeskip

We were at Norman's funeral. Team RWBY was here for Weiss, and Team JNPR was here for both of us.

I watched Weiss, who was standing at Norman's grave.

Ruby walked up next to me.

"I had no idea how close they really were," I said.

"She said they were practically family," Ruby said. "Said she'd take a bullet for him."

"I had no idea."

"This is going to hurt her for a while."

"Yeah. I know the feeling."

I started to walk over to her.

"Weiss," I said. "I know we haven't always gotten along, but... I'm so sorry. I know what it's like to lose someone close to you."

"I didn't lose him," Weiss said. "He was stolen from me."

She turned to me. I expected to see tears, but what I saw was nothing but hatred.

"One day Spider-Man will pay," she said, gritting her teeth. "I swear on Norman's grave Spider-Man will pay!"

I felt a jabbing pain in my chest. She blamed me for this.

"Thank you, (Y/N)," she said. "You guys are all the family I need."

I didn't expect to hear that. Especially from Weiss of all people.

She hugged me.

I was caught off guard at Weiss hugging me, but I hugged her back anyway.

She broke up the hug and began walking away. I turned around and looked at Ruby.

That was when I realized something that completely broke me apart even more.

No matter what I do, no matter how hard I try, the ones I love will always be the ones who pay.

Timeskip

I stood in front of my brothers grave, thinking about the realization that had come to me earlier.

The decision I was about to make was going to hurt me terribly.

Ruby walked over to me, and she hugged me.

"You must miss him so much," she said.

"It's been so hard without him," I confirmed.

She broke up the hug.

"There's something I've been wanting to tell you," she said. "When I was up there... and I thought I was gonna die... there was only one person who I was thinking of. And it wasn't who I thought it'd be. It was you, (Y/N)."

I had two reactions to that. On one hand, I was thrilled at the fact that she loved me back. But on the other hand, my heart shattered even more at what I had to do, despite her feeling the same way.

"I kept thinking, 'I hope I make it through this... so I can see (Y/N) (L/N)'s face one more time.'"

"Really?"

"There's only one man... who's always been there for me. Who makes me feel... like I'm more than I ever thought I could be. That I'm just... me. And that's okay. The truth is... I love you. I love you so much, (Y/N)!"

She pressed her lips against mine again.

I felt so happy. She wasn't kissing Spider-Man this time! She was kissing me! It made the kiss that already felt amazing before now feel spectacular!

As we parted lips, my heart began to ache at what I had to say. Here I was. I could confess to her now. I could tell her I love her, and I could start a relationship I'd wanted ever since the night I met her.

But I had no choice.

All I wanted was to tell her how much I loved her.

"I can't," I said.

She was confused. "You can't what?"

"Tell you," I explained. "Everything, I mean, there's so much to tell."

She smiled. "Yeah. There's so much to tell."

"I want you to know that I will always be there for you. I will always be there to take care of you. I promise you that. I will always be your friend."

She looked hurt. "Only a friend, (Y/N) (L/N)?"

"That's all I have to give."

She started tearing up.

If my heart was just aching before, it was shattered like glass now. Telling the girl I loved the most that I would only be there for her as a friend, and right after she told me that she felt the same way, as well as seeing her cry in front of me. It was too much. I couldn't take it anymore.

I walked away.

'Screw this! Screw Spider-Man! Screw these powers! I hate this!'

No matter what life holds in store for me, I will never forget these words: with great power comes great responsibility. This is my gift. My curse. Who am I? I'm Spider-Man!

THE END