At the mention of Khloe Parker, my eyes went wide as I have always been a huge fan of her. Ryan noticed my reaction and said, “Umm…Sorry! You probably don’t know who am I talking about. Khloe is my wife and” Before Ryan could even continue I scoffed at his words and replied excitedly, “Who are you kidding? Who doesn’t know Khloe Parker? I have been such a huge fan of her since the time I got into designing. She is so goddamn pretty and let’s not forget the confidence she showcases when she is  walking on the runway.”

Ryan just looked at me in complete disbelief and said, “You know Khloe but you had never heard about me?” I just shook my head at his words and said, “Hey! Just to support my claim here, every designer student knows who Khloe Parker is. And I am sure that every student in business schools must know who Ryan Parker is. So cool your jets handsome.”

Ryan laughed at my choice of words and I just covered my face being embarrassed by my ownself for the second time today. “You don’t come to the bar these days”, I stated more than asked Ryan to change the topic.

I last saw Ryan on Wednesday when he offered to drop me at my dorm room. He sinked deeper in his seat before answering, “Umm…busy with work. And I am not a regular drinker. I just come to the bar sometimes when I need to clear my head.”

I just shook my head at his words and regretted asking him this question in the first place. “I knew you would be in this seminar today”, Ryan said out of the blue.

When he looked at me probably thinking why he said this he continued, “I dropped you at your dorm so I knew that this is where you study.” “Oh”, was all I could say.

I looked at my fingers that were situated in my lap and asked him, “Will you be coming to the bar on Thanksgiving? The manager has arranged for a karaoke and people are pretty excited about it.” Ryan rested his hands on the table and scooted closer, making me completely mesmerized by the cologne he was wearing before saying, “No I won’t. I am leaving for France tomorrow for a business trip. I will be returning the day after Thanksgiving.”

Dejection was clear on my face. I don’t know what was I even thinking when I imagined spending Thanksgiving in the presence of Ryan.

I quickly brought a small smile on my face to make it less awkward for him and said, “Happy Journey. And all the best for any deals that you are planning to turn your side.” He just gave me a big smile and said, “Thankyou. By the way are you getting late?”

I thought for a moment as to how I had planned on spending the rest of my day completing my impending assignments and here I am, devouring a cup of my favourite coffee with a person whom I am currently crushing on. “No…What about you?”, I answered flushing all my thoughts in the corner of my brain.

“I had nothing planned for today other than the seminar. I am leaving tomorrow and I probably won’t get any sleep due to my meetings that are lined up so I thought to take a day-off today”, he said while scratching his neck. “What do you do in your leisure?”, Ryan asked while looking at me directly in the eyes.

I looked around to frame a perfect answer before saying, “I don't get much time to spend as leisure. I have college in the morning till early in the noon and after that I complete some homework that seriously never ends. Then I use some of my time to read books or to write something or to paint. By the time I complete all this it’s already dinner time and then I have to leave for my shift at the bar. So ya that’s it I guess.” “You use your time pretty nicely. Where were you working previously before the bar?”, Ryan asked taking deeper interest in the conversation.

“Umm…I used to work as a waitress at a coffee house on street 12. But the pay was too less and plus they had a vacancy at the bar so I decided to quit my job”, I said while looking at my own hands. “Okay and what plans do you have after college?”, he asked again.

“I want to open my own designer house but before that I want to get an internship under some famous designer so that I can learn about how work is done and also to build some contacts”, I said while looking at the distant trees that could be seen from the glass door of the café. “You have everything well planned and this is good. Take my card. Meet me after you are done with college. I can get you appointed as an intern under any designer that you wish to”, Ryan said while keeping his card on the table.

I looked at the card, clearly confused if I should accept it or not. “I c…cannot accept it sir”, I said while looking at him unsure of my words.

“Call me Ryan, Amber. And there is nothing great that I am doing here. I know how difficult it is to get an internship in the field of designing because of cut throat competition. And because Khloe is a model, I almost know all the designer houses in the city. I can get you in one of them without any trouble. And I would like to see you achieving your dreams when you deserve every bit of a happy and successful life.” I thought for a second before taking the card and putting it in my wallet.

It was almost noon by the time we decided to leave. Ryan walked me till my dorm room and on seeing my dorm building I turned around to greet him goodbye, “Thankyou for the coffee and the card as well.”

Ryan pulled his hand out and said, “You don’t need to thank me for something so small like a coffee.” I shook his hand and with that I started walking towards the building.

When I heard Ryan calling my name, I turned around to look at him and his next words sent sparkles all over my body, “I had a real nice time today after such a long time. Thank you for agreeing to have coffee with me, Amber.” I just smiled at him and hurriedly walked away.

As I laid on my bed I couldn’t help feeling such emotions towards Ryan that I technically shouldn’t. But when was love about being technical?

Wait girl! Love is too out of the track.

For all I know this is probably my attraction speaking. But does Ryan have coffee with every bartender girl that he meets or is it just me that earned that special priviledge.

I was engulfed in my deep thoughts when I suddenly remembered that I had to work on my assignments and this caused me to get up from my bed almost with a jerk.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Hello readers! So here is their first unofficial coffee date. Isn't it so adorable that Ryan was so interested to know more about Amber? I am literally crushing upon this 'couple in formation'. My next update will be on Saturday. Do not forget to vote for the chapters and if you like this story then do share it with your people. Meet you soon. Tada!💛