One | Lin!

~Kalani's POV~

I was awoken by the normal booming voice of Mrs. Harrison going door to door to wake each of the 10 kids who lived at the group home. I shared a room with one of the girls my age named Hannah. She was nice for the most part other than she is just very loud and doesn't respect privacy AT ALL.

I got out of bed and walked to the shared bathroom Hannah and I share. I got my toothbrush and shower things and got ready to shower. After taking a nice warm shower I got out and dressed in dark jean shorts and a plain light blue t shirt.

"Kalani hurry!" Hannah yelled banging on the bathroom door.

I sighed opening it and letting her shower while I finished my morning routine. I brushed my teeth then got my iPod and earphones and listened to Hamilton.

As I hoped down the stairs I saw all the other kids at the table conversing and eating their breakfast which was pancakes and if we eat pancakes it's either a holiday or someone is coming to the orphanage. Last time I checked it wasn't a holiday.

I went to the table and got a small pancake and poured a little bit of syrup on top. I began to eat when my favorite Hamilton song came on of course I was silently singing along or so I thought.

I heard a muffled yell which wasn't normal. I paused my music and heard it again but the yell was at me.

"KALANI!" Mrs. Harrison yelled.

"Y-yeah?" I asked.

"Why are you singing so loudly!" She asked.

"Uhhh oh s-Sorry." I replied as my face suddenly got very hot.

Everyone was looking at me weird so I just sat at the table with my head in my hands hiding my face to everyone.

After breakfast I went back upstairs to watch some YouTube. My favorite videos to watch are the dance and singing lesson videos. My dream is to someday be a dancer and a singer. My flexibility has gotten better since I started semi training at the age of 8.

About an hour after watching YouTube I heard Hannah running down the hall. I knew it was Hannah because the girl runs flat footed and makes it so loud almost everyone hears her from a mile away.

"Kalani come on there's people here!" She said opening the door just to run back out.

I sighed pulling my earphones out then closing my iPod as I got up from my spot on the carpeted floor. I walked down the hallway and saw the kids crowding around the front office door.

"Who's in there?" I asked Hannah who was trying to push by the others who were all older than us.

"I have no idea I can't see. Aye! Move so I can see tiny one here!" She yelled pushing the older kids.

"You gonna go Kalani?" One of the oldest girls here asked me.

I shook my head not wanting to even know. At this point I knew I would still be here.

I went over to the bench by the lunch room and sat there as I waited for my name to be called.

"Are you not excited?" Hannah asked.

"No I know you haven't been here long but most people don't like me." I replied.

"Kalani!" Mrs. Harrison called out.

I got up bracing myself to get the reject like I always got. I walked into the room and at first I refused to look up but when I did I saw the most amazing person I've ever seen. Lin Manuel Miranda.

"Hi!" He chirped as my mind was racing with thoughts. I was screaming internally.

"Hi I'm Kalani." I replied.