14

──────────────
* CHAPTER FOURTEEN:
THE SLEEPOVER.
──────────────

ASHLEY WAS EXCITED.

After lots and lots of persuasion and promises of snacks, Ashley had finally gotten Florence to agree to a sleepover.

"I can't leave my cat alone at night!"

"Bring your cat then! Our cats can be best friends," Ashley had smiled, a hopeful gleam in her eyes.

"... Fine," Florence reluctantly replied, giving in to Ashley's pleads.

It wasn't that Florence didn't want to have a sleepover with Ashley that made her reluctant, it was that she's never been to one. She had no idea what to bring or what was expected, and frankly, she had bad sleeping habits and was quite insecure about it.

Ashley had made Florence pinky promise to be at the Besson house at 8pm and had been preparing for hours — buying snacks, face-masks, and other little things she deemed necessary (they really weren't) at Target.

Apparently, Corbyn would not be at the Besson house tonight because he had his own sleepover to go to. The Why Don't We boys and a bunch of their friends were having their own sleepover at Jonah's house, and when Ashley found out about it, she became determined to have her own sleepover with Florence.

And that's how Florence found herself standing at the front door of the Besson house, her small cat snuggling up against her chest and the strap of her sleepover bag relying heavily on her right shoulder.

"Flor! Come in," Ashley grinned as she opened the door wider.

After Florence stepped inside, Ashley immediately yelled out, "Florence is here!" to her family and called them over.

Saskia Besson, a beautiful blonde woman and mother of three kids, smiled brightly upon seeing Florence and embraced her in a quick hug before warmly telling the girl how lovely it was to see her again and have her as a guest.

Ray Besson, a good-looking blond man and father of three kids, also gave Florence a smile and told her that it was a pleasure to have her in their home.

Jordan Besson, a blond boy and brother of Corbyn and Ashley, greeted her kindly and asked "What's up?" but didn't really wait for an answer.

The Besson family was very welcoming of Florence into their home and she was incredibly grateful for that. It made her feel a lot more at ease with being at her first sleepover at the age of twenty-one.

Ashley gave Florence a quick tour of the house afterwards and then they settled down in Ashley's room. Their sleepover started with putting on white sheets of face-masks and watching the disney movie Up.

By the time they finished the movie and took off their face-masks, both of them agreed that they were hungry. The two of them went to the kitchen, where Ashley brought out the baking supplies she had bought earlier that day, and they began rolling out cookie dough.

After putting the cookies in the oven, they opened a tub of coffee ice cream since they had just gotten even hungrier after making cookies.

When the ice cream started to melt, they closed the tub and put it back in the freezer just in time for the cookies to be done baking. The smell of freshly baked cookies coming out of the oven reminded both of them of the smell of the bakery but Ashley quickly pointed out, "These pre-made cookies really don't smell as good as the cookies in your bakery.

Florence nodded but shrugged, "Still gonna eat them though!"

Plates of cookies in hand, the two girls went back to Ashley's room and started just talking about anything and everything as they ate their cookies.

As it neared 11pm, Ashley's phone rang and she glanced at the screen before telling Florence, "Oh, it's Corbyn."

Ashley picked up Corbyn's FaceTime call and moved her phone so that both her and Florence were on the screen.

"HIIII," Corbyn shouted, apparently a bit tipsy.

Ashley and Florence could barely hear him as loud music blasted from his end of the call.

"I thought you were at a sleepover?" Ashley asked, a confused expression on her face.

"I am! It just kind of turned into a party and some guys brought booze," Corbyn explained, slurring his words a little bit.

"How much did you drink, Corbyn?" Florence asked with worry evident in her voice.

"Just a little! I'm fine," Corbyn assured them.

"Sooo, why'd you call?" Ashley asked.

"Wanted to see how your sleepover's goi—" Corbyn had begun to say.

A voice interrupted him, "Who are you talking to, bro?"

Corbyn moves out of the frame and another person steps in, Daniel.

"Oh, hey Ashley! Hey Florence! What's good?"

The two girls mumble an answer before Daniel gives Corbyn his phone back.

Corbyn opened his mouth to say something but he never got the chance to as another voice cut in.

"Wait Corbyn, isn't Florence the girl you have a crush on?"