twenty three

"kenma! if you don't get your tumbles, i will be kicking you off the team! i saw another freshman that can take your spot perfectly so if you don't want that to happen, pUT. SOME. EFFORT!" the coach yelled.

it took all of kenma's strength not to roll his eyes for the fifth time within ten minutes. he took his stuff and walked out of the gym, not caring if the coach was yelling at him to come back or if he was getting kicked off the team.

he was just way too fucking tired to be at practice.

walking back to his dorm, he noticed kuroo talking to a girl. without even thinking, kenma was about to call out kuroo's name but then decided he didn't want to annoy the sophomore.

kuroo on the other hand, saw kenma so he said goodbye to his classmate and went over to kenma. "yo kitten!"

kenma turned back to see kuroo walking towards him. he gave the football player a small wave. "did you just finish class?"

"yeah, me and oikawa were planning to hang out today but he fucking ditched me for his boyfriend,"

"what were you guys planning to do?"

kuroo shrugged, fixing his hair a little bit. "we wanted to set up nana and terushima on a date,"

kenma let out a snort. "are you two really that desperate?"

"maybe," he says, dragging it out and laughing. "wanna hang out with me today since oikawa ditched me?"

"i mean, i would but— oh, hey terushima."

kuroo glanced up to see terushima walking towards them. he looked tired, with bags under his eyes.

"hey, you guys just got off class?"

kuroo nods his head. he could tell something was wrong with terushima and was going to say something but then decided not to push it. "since the sun is setting, you guys wanna go to the football field?"

"bet, kenma do you need to go back so you can put your stuff back?" terushima says, pointing at kenma's cheer bag.

"yeah, you two can go to the field, i'll be there."

kuroo took ahold of kenma's sleeve. "i'll walk you back to the dorms,"

kenma stared at kuroo and then at terushima, making a face that asked "can he?". terushima let out a small laugh, waving at them to go back to the dorms and he walked to the football field.

the two walked back, with kuroo still holding onto kenma's sleeve. "kuroo, are you okay?"

"yeah i am," he responds. "i'm just a little worried about terushima."

"he looks like he isn't getting enough sleep,"

kuroo sighs, putting his arm behind his head as the two walked up the stairs. the two got to kemma's dorm, with akaashi on his bunk bed.

"hey akaashi, me and kuroo are going to the football field, wanna come?"

akaashi waves a 'no' to kenma. "i would but me and bokuto have plans,"

kenma rolls his eyes. "alright, suit yourself."

the two then walked out the room, with kuroo laughing while kenma had an annoyed expression on his face.

kuroo slung his arm around kenma and took a look at his face. "why are you sulking? sad that kaashi can't hang out with us?"

"no," he mumbles but kuroo could clearly tell he was sad about it.

the taller boy sighs. "well, those two have been hanging out with each other more ever since they started dating,"

kenma and kuroo finally got to the field, where it was basically empty since no teams were practicing today. they saw terushima on the field already with rin next to him while udon was curled up next to terushima's bag.