Chapter 3

"How was your day Arielle?" My dad asked while driving me home from school.

"Good dad, I have a new friend," I say.

"Really who's that?" He asks.

"Niall, the boy who lives across the street, remember?"

"Oh that's wonderful, and yes dear I remember him," he laughed.

"He's really nice and funny," I laugh.

"Maybe you guys could have a play date," he said.

"Really! Can he come over today?" I asked clearly excited.

"Well I could call his parents and ask, but I'm not promising anything," he laughed.

"Yay!" I shouted.

The minute we arrived at home I made dad call Muara to see if Niall could come over.

"Call dad!" I shouted to him.

"Yes!," he laughed. "Geeze excited much?"

I smiled and watched him dial Muara's number. I was so excited and I hoped he could come over, because it would be the first play date with my new friend. I was mesmerized by him, he was so nice and seem just like the perfect friend, even though we like just meet. But we hung out all day today in school, we talked about our lives and why I moved. I learn a lot about his family, mostly about his older brother Greg. We ate lunch together and talked about what foods we liked and disliked. Then during nap time we slept next to each other, we got in trouble once because we were talking but it was worth it. He was so funny, had great humor and was just the perfect friend!

"He can come over in about a half an hour," my dad said, making me snap out if my day dream.

"Yess!" I shouted.

"Why don't you go and clean up your room a bit." My dad suggested.

"Alright," I groaned while walking up to my room.

When I entered my room, there was stuff everywhere. All the boxes were out of my room, but there was stuff everywhere.

I began putting things on the shelves that dad built a couple days ago. He put shelves from the ceiling to the floor in one spot of my room. My mom helped me decorate the top shelves, but left me to do the bottom.

I put my piggy bank on a shelf and some books I had. Then I put my jewelry box on a shelf along with some toys I had. The shelves were now full with stuff, and all I had left to do was make my bed and put some dirty clothes in the hamper.

After I had finished I raced downstairs to see how long until Niall came over. When I reached the bottom stair the door bell rang.

"Got it!" I shouted while quickly swinging the door open.

Standing there was Niall and Muara.

"Hello," I smiled while directing them inside.

They slowly walked inside. They seemed memorized by our house somehow.

"Well hello," my dad smiled.

"Hello, Josh? Right?" She asked.

My dad nodded and smiled.

"Niall why don't you and Arielle go play, while Josh and I talk, " she smiled while looking at Niall.

Niall nodded and began following me up to my room. He seemed shy, and nervous. But I guess he was a little scared, just because this is our first play date. I remember how incredibly scared I was to go over to Claire's house at first.

"This is my room, " I told Niall while opening the door.

He walked in and smiled.

"What?" I asked not knowing what he was smiling about.

"Your room is so pink and girlish, " he laughed.

"Well I'm a girl it's supposed to be," I said. "So what do you wanna do?"

"Uh wanna play some football (soccer)?" He smiled.

"Football?" I asked unsure of what that was.

"You don't know what football is?" He asked sorta shocked.

"Is that where you kick the ball into the net? " I guessed.

I think I've seen my dad watching it a couple times, but I've never really been interested.

"The goal?" He corrected me.

"I guess?" I said.

"Well I'll teach you," he said. "Come on."

"Umm, it doesn't really interest me." I said while taking a seat on my bed.

"Well then what do you wanna do?" He asked while sitting next to me.

"Wanna like dance?" I smiled.

I loved dancing. I've watched people dance on TV all the time and I want to be a famous dancer one day. I also wanna do people's hair and make up too. I think my mom called it a makeup artist, those are what I wanna be when I grow up. They are the two things that interest me the most.

"Dance?" Niall said with a sour look on his face.

"Yea to like music, like a dance party." I laughed.

"No," Niall shook his head. "I can't dance."

"So? I can't play football." I laughed. "What if today we dance at my house, then tomorrow we could play football at your house?"

His face lit up after the words left my mouth.

He nodded quickly and that's when I put a CD into my boom box.

"Ready?" I laughed.

He nodded probably embarrassed of what was to come. I pressed play and the music blasted out from the speakers.

"Come on dance!" I shouted.

I started jumping all around and moving back an forth. I didn't exactly know how to dance good, but I knew that I would learn one day.

He laughed while jumping up and down as well. He wasn't any better than me by know means, but it was fun dancing with him. We grabbed each others hands and swung each other around. We laughed when we both fell to the floor in dizziness. I loved dancing with Niall he was so much fun, and was a good sport for trying to dance at least.

I turned off the music, while he sat on the floor clearly tired. I was out of breath as well from the 20 minutes of straight on dancing.

"Wanna watch a movie?" I smiled while pointing to the shelf full of movies?

"Yea sure!" He smiled while jumping up on my bed and laying down.

I picked out an episode of Tom and Jerry, clearly my favorite show. I put it into the tv, and jumped on my bed next to Niall as well.

After watching about two episodes Niall was sleeping, and I was close to falling asleep as well.

I slowly being to fall asleep while thinking about today. I was still in shocked that he danced with me, most boys hate dancing. But Niall was different than most boys. I mean not in a bad way, he was nicer to me and less obnoxious. He was funny and always nice, he was my friend and I hope it will be like that forever. I hope he doesn't ever find a new friend, and I hope I never find a new one either.