"I unda'stand you wanna make sure Brix and Sev good—but we got them too. You gotta make sure you good, Poppa. You not gon be able ta' take care'a nobody if you not straight," she reminded him. "We all missin' Nana bad, you not exempt from dat, if anything you gon feel it worse than most of us. She lived wit' y'all, y'all watched dat girl grow," she told her brother.

"Yeah," he nodded. "I'on know I just want ha' ta' be aight. She gotta be aight man," he sighed, Corinne wholeheartedly agreed.

She had grown to love and care for Na'imah as her own family, and not only to see her hurting like this but see her family in pain over it was hurting her badly. She'd visited with Slim—when they weren't working, and seeing her like that and not her usual lively self, it was painful. Especially not knowing when she would wake up.

"Sorry we late," Grim spoke as they entered Na'imah's hospital room

"Sorry we late," Grim spoke as they entered Na'imah's hospital room. He smiled slightly at the decorating Sevyn did, making sure to do all she could for Nana despite the circumstances.

It was May 8th—Na'imah's twenty first birthday today. Everyone was hoping she'd wake up before then, to celebrate the best way she could with her injuries, but unfortunately, she hadn't. So, in an effort to still make her special day special, they all decided they'd spend her birthday at the hospital with her.

"Happy birthday, Nana," Corinne smiled, holding her hand for a moment. "I miss you,"

"Happy birthday, Imah," Grim said as well, standing right beside his sister, looking Nana over. "We love you," he smiled slightly.

Everyone had already told Na'imah happy birthday, and they were now just talking, trying to keep everyone's spirits up—especially Brix's. He sat with Na'imah's fingers laced with his, right next to her as he always was.

"Y'all ass really bought ha' gifts?" Brix couldn't help but smile seeing everything they were doing for her even though she wasn't able to see it right now. "I appreciate y'all man, y'all takin' time out yo' day ta' make my baby day special,"

"She deserve it," Slim said simply. As someone who was usually cool headed, this entire situation had Slim ready to behave like one of the boys.

They all sat around silently for a few moments, watching Na'imah, listening to her heart monitor beep steadily, not snot sure what to say or how exactly they were supposed to celebrate.

"I uh," Grim began. "I rememba' on Christmas, I went ta' tell everybody good mornin' and allat, I gave Nana a hug, dis back when she was real skinny an' shit, her dramatic ass start coughin' hard like I was hurtin' ha' ass—I swea' I was scared. Brix woulda' bust my ass, killed me right thea' in the front room" he shook his head, making Sev smile, remembering when that happened.

"Oh we tellin' stories? Man I picked Nana up from work, she say she hungry, I said bet, me too," Nino said, and everyone shook their heads. "So, I take her to get some food, she a li' skinny ass girl, I'm expectin' she get sum' small. Why she eat everything I ate plus the damn fries I couldn't finish. I knew from right den, she my dawg," he chuckled, and Brix's face broke into a smile again.