Senjuti Saha- সঞ্জুটি সাহা

Senjuti Saha was born and raised in Dhaka, Bangladesh. Her father, Dr. Samir Kumar Saha, is a microbiologist and her mother, Dr. Setarunnahar, is a public health researcher. Senjuti's brother is also a microbiologist. She finished her primary education in Bangladesh. In 2005, she enrolled at the University of Toronto, in Toronto, Canada; where she earned a Bachelor of Science with a major in biochemistry, in 2009. Senjuti also received her PhD from the UofT, in 2016. While at UofT, Senjuti also wrote regularly for the school's, Juxtaposition Global Health Magazine, the magazine puts particular emphasis on topics that affect vulnerable and marginalized populations worldwide. Also while studying in Canada, Senjuti worked periodically at the Dhaka Shishu (Childrens) Hospital (May-August 2005, May-August 2006, May-August 2009), where her father is the head of the department of the Diagnostic Division of Microbiology.

She began her career as post-doctoral research fellow at The Hospital for Sick Children in Toronto, where she worked for 5 months between February-June 2017. She was also appointed as post-doctoral researcher at the Child Health Research Center (CHRF), in Bangladesh, her father, Samir, was the organization's founder & executive director. In 2019, Senjuti joined CHRF as a scientist. She is also currently appointed by WHO, as a board member of Polio Transition Independent Monitoring Board (PTIMB). In 2020, Senjuti and her team decoded the genome sequence of SARS-CoV2 aka. Covid-19. Prior to that, she had preformed an equitable metagenomic sequence analysis to show a connection between childhood meningitis and the Chikungunya virus outbreak, in Bangladesh.

Side notes:

Genome sequence- determining the structure of DNA at one time, this includes it chromosomal & mitochondrial DNA.

Meningitis- swelling (inflammation) of protective membranes around the brain and spinal cord, caused by a viral or bacterial infection in between the membrane and the brain or spinal cord.

Chikungunya virus- is a viral disease transmitted to humans by infected mosquitoes, characterized by fever, headache, rash and severe joint & muscle pain.

https://bd.linkedin.com/in/senjutisaha