8

Demi's POV

It didn't take long for us to arrive and as soon as I pull up, I see my mom already walking out the front door and towards the car.

"Hi sweetie!" My mom says giving me a hug as soon as I step out of the car.

"Hi momma. Mind getting Ezra out?" I ask when we pull away and I open up the back door to get Zara.

"Of course!" She says going around the car and getting Ezra. I grab Zara then we all walk inside and Batman and Ella immediately run up to me when we walk in. Both the kids start squealing excitedly as they try to get down and once we do the dogs get even more excited when they see the kids. They both lick their faces causing them to laugh louder.

"How was your weekend away with Max?" My mom asks once we sit down on the couches.

"It was good! It was nice to get away even if we both missed the kids." I tell her.

"I'm sure. I'm glad you guys were able to get away though. You two need to keep doing that though, you know Dad and I will always be happy to watch the kids as well as Rhonda and Bruce." She says and I smile.

"And Max and I both appreciate that a lot. The cabin we went up to though was so beautiful and so was the area. Max and I talked and we want to buy a cabin so we can go up there a couple times a year with them. The kids would love it." I say as I fix Zara's bow as she walks past me.

"That's an amazing idea. Are you guys going to buy the same cabin you stayed in?" She asks me.

"We're not sure yet. We loved that cabin, but we don't even know if the owners are even thinking of selling it. We might just find another cabin for sale up there." I say and she nods.

"You should call and ask." My mom replies just when the front door opens. We look over and see Dallas and Mike walking in with Ensley against Dallas's hip.

"Hey Demi!" Dallas says walking over to give me a hug.

"Hey, how are you guys?" I ask giving Mike a hug then greeting Ensley.

"Great! How are you?" She asks as we all sit down.

"Good!" I reply picking Zara up and placing her in my lap when she reaches for me.

"Mama. Mama. Look." I hear Zara say as she pats my arm and I look down at her.

"What's up baby girl?" I ask and she lifts her hand up and points out to the living room.

"Look bubu." She says and I follow her pointed finger to Ezra in the middle of the floor on his hands and knees as he starts rocking back and forth.

"Oh my god." I whisper quietly as I slide Zara off my lap and I slide to the floor.

"Someone record this." I say grabbing my phone so I can call Max. I immediately FaceTime him as I keep a close eye on Ezra as he continues to rock back and forth.

"Hey baby." I hear Max answer and I look down to see him walking down hallways.

"Baby, Ezra is about to crawl!" I say excitedly while also trying to keep my voice down as I flip my camera to show Ezra.

"Oh my god, really?!" He asks excitedly and I smile and call Ezra's attention.

"Come here baby boy. Come to mommy." I say holding out one of my arms as I'm a few feet away. He giggles and starts reaching for me as he moves his legs and hands and starts crawling. "Keep going handsome!" I say and he giggles louder and continues crawling.

"He's doing it baby!" I hear Max and I smile and scoot back a little bit so Ezra can continue crawling.

"You did it baby boy!" I say wrapping him in my free arm when he finally makes it to me and he giggles loudly as I repeatedly kiss him. I flip the camera back over so Max can see Ezra as he laughs in my arms.