Chapter 24 - Two Beds, One Choice

Start from the beginning

Jessie hesitantly nodded his head as he was dreading the moment that his twin brother would hate him too. Jessie hated himself, and given that his twin brother was so similar to himself, Jessie was afraid that Cameron was going to hate him too.

"Wow... I can't say that I expected this Jessie." Cameron then patted Jessie's leg so that he would look back at him. "Why do you feel like you need to tell me this?"

Jessie dragged his knees up as he hid his face by resting his head against them. "Because I've been really confused lately. It's like I'm living a double life, and I can't handle it. I don't know what to do, and I'm scared I'm going to make the wrong choice and fuck everything up again."

A deep in thought Cameron scratched his chin as he listened to Jessie. "Hmm... Interesting..."

A teary eyed Jessie looked up and saw Cameron's reaction-less face. Cameron didn't shed an inkling of his non-expressive demeanour, and the silence was quickly agitating Jessie.

"Say something!" Jessie yelled as he punched his brother. "Just say something... Anything! Tell me how disgusting I am! Tell me I'm a cheating freak of a whore! Tell me-"

Cameron punched his brother back before he pulled him close. Cameron gave his vulnerable brother a much needed hug as he held him close.

"Stop talking for a minute." Cameron whispered as he pulled Jessie's head closer to rest against his own shoulder.

Jessie couldn't even try to talk as he felt his breath hitch up. He clung onto his brother as he felt Cameron's hand soothingly rub his back.

"I'm sorry," Jessie cried softly. "I'm sorry for sleeping with another man."

Cameron laughed as he smacked the back of his brother's head. When Jessie looked back at him hurt, Cameron gently held his face and shook it side to side. "Don't be sorry, stupid. There's nothing wrong with what you've done."

"But it's wrong!" Jessie protested, "It's gross, and it's disgusting, and it's shameful!"

"Stupid brother... I know that it isn't how you really feel. I mean, if you thought it was true, then you wouldn't be sleeping with Riley."

"What?!" Jessie shook his head in disbelief as he hid his shock behind a laugh. "Why... Why would you say that?"

"Those are his usual gym shirt and shorts that you're wearing, you just admitted to sleeping with a guy a couple of minutes ago, and..." Cameron then pointed towards Jessie's pink and purple neck, "That's a massive fucking hickey right there."

Jessie instinctively covered his neck as he shied away from how his brother caught him on the act. He was a deer caught in headlines as he watched Cameron's eyes become confident and cocky.

"You've been with me all day, except when you were preparing for your date. Given that you went back to our room, the only other person that lives there is Riley."

A smug Cameron grinned at Jessie because of his proud detective work. Jessie didn't know if he should be proud of how perceptive his brother was, or grossed out on how Cameron nailed every information correctly.

"You want a fucking medal, Detective Cameron? Or should I give you a number to a therapist instead?"

Cameron shrugged his shoulders as he admitted he wanted some kind of reward for his hard work. "Buying me breakfast tomorrow will be enough."

Jessie swallowed the air as he tried to gather his thoughts on what was worrying his thoughts. When he saw Cameron encouraging him to talk and open up, Jessie finally explained what was happening with him tonight.