Chapter 13 - The Breakfast Club

After calling someone to fetch Cameron's car, Riley told Jessie to get into his car so that he could drive them both home.

The atmosphere was a lot lighter in the car, compared to the last time Jessie needed a lift home from Riley in the middle of the night.

"So how was your date with Olivia? Did she want to rip your clothes off after seeing you dressed like that?"

Jessie looked down at his own clothes, and laughed because he knew he looked good. "The date was pretty great. I think we could have a future together - possibly."

"You sound like such a girl, like one that's probably carved Mr and Mrs Summers into your journal."

Jessie punched Riley in the arm, and almost made him swerve the car because of it. "Ha... Ha..."

Rubbing away the fake pain from the punch, Riley casted a questioning glance towards Jessie. "Possibly?"

Jessie cocked his head side to side as he thought about what to tell Riley. "The date was great and everything. Good food, good company, we both looked like runway models, and the last kiss was pretty great."

"But..."

"I found out that she's never seen The Breakfast Club before!"

Riley laughed at Jessie's exaggerated dramatics, as he then admitted that he has also never seen the film. "I've heard of it, but it just doesn't seem that interesting."

"What's with everyone's lack of taste?" Jessie stopped joking around as he then told Riley seriously, "I'm going to force you to watch it, no matter what."

"Looking forward to it. I'll watch whatever lame ass film you want."

Riley didn't admit how the sarcasm was fake, as he started to regret how he really was looking forward to it.

They pulled into the dorm's parking lot when they left the car together. Walking besides each other, they made their way up the flight of stairs as they reached Riley's floor first.

Jessie was about to head up to the floor above when Riley stopped him in the stairwell. "Just curious, are you really going to try and make it work with Olivia?"

Jessie descended the few steps they were apart so that they were now on the same one. Face to face, Jessie looked at Riley confused. "Why are you so interested about me and Olivia?"

Riley took a deep breath, and swallowed down the words that were tempted to come out from his throat. Instead he tried to divert the attention to something else.

"What about us and sex?"

Jessie immediately covered Riley's mouth with his hand so that he would quieten down and not talk. "Not so loud! Someone might hear you."

Riley removed Jessie's hand away from his mouth, and gently dropped it to his side. "Sorry. But do you want to end this, between us?"

Jessie looked around nervously, and listened out to hear anything that wasn't them. Satisfied that nobody was around, "Maybe. If things are serious with Olivia, then I obviously have to end it between us."

Riley nodded his head as he understood Jessie's thinking process. Truth be told he didn't want to end it, because Riley wasn't sure if he was ready yet. But if it was what Jessie wanted...

Sticking his hand out, Riley had a smirk on his face as he then asked Jessie, "Just friends then? You gay ass, snarky, dip shit."

Jessie reached for Riley's hand, and shook it with his own smirking grin. "Just friends... you stupid, arrogant, dumbass."