Chapter 13: Sudden interruptions

A/N: This is still a story I'm working on but I had to check out some more of the anime and light novel. I need to get a grasp on the magic system.

Chapter 13 Sudden interruptions

You were in the kitchen, having given Xenovia a cup of tea. This time you had made it normally because it wasn't like she was trying to leave as soon as possible.

"Why are you here again? And where's Irina?" you asked after sitting next to Asia.

"It's a bit complicated…" Xenovia replied, avoiding the subject.

"That's all right. We have time." Asia said.

"I'll be honest, I don't want Asia to go through what I did… Maybe you could leave?" Xenovia asked, showing concern.

"Even if I did I'm sure Y/N would tell me. I can handle it."

Hearing the response you nodded towards Xenovia and she began explaining her situation and why she had returned:

"Irina is probably still returning the holy swords… But after we reached the Catholic church our superiors listened to my report. When I asked about that Holy demonic sword…"

Xenovia's voice trailed off a little and Asia's hand began moving around under the table until it found yours, squeezing it. She was probably feeling the tension. You certainly realised something had happened. The feeling you were having after the battle with that fallen angel was probably even stronger for the girls.

"They explained the history of the great war and how God was killed alongside most of the original devils." she finished, letting out a sigh alongside the final words.

The room was silent. While you hadn't really been an atheist you were still the least involved in religion. And none of the books borrowed from Rias mentioned something like that. Yet it was quite the shock. Had that been the reason for Sirzechs' proposition?

Asia was clenching her fist and looking downwards, small tears of disbelief in her eyes. Xenovia's expression wasn't clear since her head was also down, but she seemed a little relieved.

"But that can't be right! My prayers…" Asia mumbled next to you. Xenovia was now clearly shaking.

"I shouldn't be here. And I shouldn't have burdened you with this." she said, looking at you. "I caused you pain because of my lack of faith and now I feel like everything I've done was for nothing… I know you don't want me here…"

You picked up Asia bridal style, starting to carry her towards the room. She was stretching your shirt to write her tears with, softly sobbing. Xenovia didn't look towards  you.

"You can stay here… The room is still available. We'll talk about this tomorrow, with a clearer head." you said.

After putting Asia to bed and making her sleep you took some clothes from the drawers and returned to the living room. Xenovia wasn't there, so the next room to check was the bedroom. The door wasn't fully closed, but you knocked.

"Y-yes?"

"Do you need anything?" you asked. "I think some of Asia's sleepwear might fit you. If not there are some shirts that could work."

"Thank you. Can you leave them on the bed?"

You entered and saw Xenovia was in her church combat outfit, although her hood was on the bed. You dropped the clothes and took the cloak, exiting the room to get a hanger for it.

When you returned the lights were off, so you decided to simply hang it on the door and go to bed. In order to not disturb Asia you grabbed a blanket and fell asleep on an armchair in the room.