~• four •~

The case was finally over. You were in your apartment after a 6 hour flight, getting ready for bed. You put on one of your silky pjs on, and started brushing your wet hair softly at your vanity. Then, you finally jumped onto bed. It was 10 pm, but you were working the case since 4 am. Then you heard a knock at your door.

"It's Spencer, open up," you heard the voice say behind the door.

You got out of bed, and quickly went to the door. You look through your peephole to see Spencer standing there, looking down at something. Then, you unlock your door and open it.

"Spencer what are you doing here," you said tiredly.

"Just wanted to give you this," he said. You looked down. It was a bouquet of red roses.

"Thanks," you said, "But did you really come all this way just to give me this?"

Spencer was zoned out. He was staring at you. Your body. Your hair. Your lips. Your everything. You zoned out too for a second, observing how he would look at you, deeply.

"Spence?," you said coming back to reality.

"Oh uh- what?," he said, quickly changing his look of direction

"Why are you really here?," you said.

"I just wanted to say good night," he said.

"Liar. You came here for more than that," you said.

"No really, just came for that. Good bye now," he said about to walk away from your door.

"Wait, where you off too?," you said, trying to make him stay longer.

"If you want me to stay, just invite me in already," he said almost laughing.

"Fine fine come in," you said giving up.

..........

You and Spencer were talking for what seemed like ages. It was so easy with him. Effortless.

"I should get going," he said.

"Hmm. Okay," you said, not really wanting him to leave.

He stood up from the chair he was sitting in, and so did you. You both walked to the door. Then he turned to you.

"This was an amazing night," he said, smiling.

"It really was," you said, smiling back.

He suddenly kissed you. A passionate kiss it was. It was crazy how in sync it was. The tongues. The lips. The hands. Everything went such in sync. Suddenly, he pulled away.

"Why do you do that?," he said.

"Do what?," you said.

"You- you- you sleep with me, then start teasing me, then start kissing me again, and I'm pretty sure if I didn't stop that kiss, we would be having- it-right now. If you like me, be with me. Don't do all this messed up shit," he said, trying to keep his cool.

"Spencer, I-"

"No. I can't do shit like this. I'm leaving," he said.

He angrily opened the door, and left. There you were, standing in front of the door. He was right. And you knew he was right.