14. What's Loki's plan?

Beginne am Anfang

"How did you survive? The battle I mean. I read in Norse myths that you were either lost in battle or known as deceased." I let out a sigh and shrug my shoulders.

"I myself do not know how I am still alive but all that matters is that I am on your side with dealing with Loki." I look at him with a hopeful smile while he looks at me with a side smile and gentle eyes.

Steve blinks a few times and looks away. He asks again, "Another one of my questions was how did you get your wings??" I feel my legs slow down a little as I look down in growing sadness. I could feel Steve's gaze on my body language and he stutters out an apology. I put my pointer finger on his lips to shut him up.

"It's alright, Steve. I gained them from my birth parents leaving me as a child. There's no way to sugarcoat it. It was very traumatic for 7 year old me and I wish for you to keep your mouth shut about it." I look up from the ground and to Steve, who held a shocked expression with a noticeable blush. He nods and I pull my hand away.

Steve stutters his question out, "This is my last one, uhm..Do you have a certain someone?" I look up at him in confusion, not entirely understanding his question. "I mean..like..like a boyfriend or husband..
..girlfriend maybe..?" I make an 'o' face and smile at the thought of my Bruunhilde.

The smile vanished as I think that after the time I was taken by Hela, Bruunhilde must have moved on. Maybe found a husband or wife and had children. No, Bruunhilde doesn't like children. Although, she may have changed throughout the years. Or maybe, she got so low, that she..No. I don't want to think about that.

I reply, "I did. Her name is Bruunhilde. The toughest woman I know. She looks off-standish and rude on the outside but that's what drew me to her. She's really a big softie with a heart worth more than any riches. I don't know where she is or if she still lives or if she moved on."

I feel a large hand rub my left shoulder as to comfort me. I look up at Steve with a sad smile as a door opens. A short-haired brunette walked up to Steve and me, "Welcome back, Captain. And you are?" I put my hand out for her to shake and introduce myself.

"I am (Y/N) or Guardian. I'm here on behalf of Thor as I am to protect him. And you are, my lady?" I'm not sure why but she gripped her hand tightly and smiled at me like Bruunhilde used to do. I nervously smile and Steve sets his left hand on her shoulder.

She seems to snap out of her trance and replies, "Agent Hill, ma'am, but you can call me Maria. If you want to!" I smile and let go of her hand and nod. She looks at Steve and walks away without another word. I raise an eyebrow at Steve but he just smiles and leads me to a chair surrounding a large table.

I shake my head in protest and say, "I'd rather stand so you may have it." He lets out a sigh and obliges. Thor walks to the small staircase so I walk over to him and I noticed his cape was off and on a chair. Perhaps I should get comfortable as well.

I ask in concern, "Are you troubled, Odinson?" Thor turns around and smiles softly but it fades. I felt that I asked an obvious question and wanted to smack my forehead in frustration.

Thor lets out a sigh and says, "Yes, I am. Loki may be dangerous and ruthless but I cannot help but think that I could have had a part to play in his personality now. If I had just not been so prideful in my younger years and watched out for him, maybe he would've been different."

I frown slightly and rub his back to sooth him. It's good to know your problems and toxic traits to your personality. I then see an electronic showing camera footage of Loki and another man. They seem to be talking but I could not hear until I heard them talking from behind me. I turn around to see a man with glasses and a purple shirt looking down at a tablet with uneasiness.