2

Kado's POV:
Sheriff Keller let's me go once he confirms my story, thanks to Fred Andrews' fake alibi he gave to Sheriff Keller, explaining that I stayed the night on his couch after he picked me up from the prison.

Keller knows that it's a lie, but wants to look at viable suspects instead of hounding me.

"Why the hell did you do that?" I ask Fred as he drives me to his house.

"I've known you for a long time Kado, and I know for a fact that you wouldn't have killed a kid, who was just trying to run away from this town." Fred explains in a sincere tone.

"I don't know, knowing who my old man is and all..." I mumble looking out the window.

"Kado. You are not like him." Fred assures me but I just scoff.

We get to his house and he sets up the couch for me to sleep on. Archie comes down and looks at me and then at his dad, with a confused expression on his face.

"What the hell is she doing here?!" Archie asks while pointing at me.

"Son, she doesn't have anywhere to go, she's been cleared of the charges pressed against her, but she still can't get her job back." Fred explains on my behalf.

"Dad, if Mrs.Cooper sees that she's here-." Archie starts saying.

"I'll deal with Alice. I'm not going to leave Kado out on the street, just because Alice thinks she's a killer." Fred stands his ground.

"Dad, you know it's not just her that thinks that! Even the Serpents believe it!" Archie argues.

"Look I can go-." I start saying and walking towards the door.

"No! You are staying here!" Fred huffs.

"Why are you defending her?!" Archie asks.

"Because someone has to!" Fred yells and walks into the kitchen.

Archie comes down the stairs and heads towards me.

"If you hurt him I will hunt you down and kill you. Make no mistake!" Archie growls in my face and then heads back upstairs.

"Looking forward to it!" I shout after him sarcastically.

"I'm so sorry about-." Fred says as he gives me a glass of water.

"Eh. I'm used to it." I interrupt not really caring.

———

I head to the couch and Fred heads up to his room and I fall asleep soon after. I wake up around 4am to Fred getting ready for work.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to wake you." He apologizes to me but I just brush it off.

I get myself a glass of milk from the fridge and sit with Fred as he eats his toast.

"You'll never guess who came by my work earlier this week." Fred says.

"Who?" I ask intrigued.

"Hermione Lodge." He says and looks over at my tense expression.

"What the hell did that bitch want?" I grumble.

"A job. As my accountant." Fred says and I almost choke on my piece of toast.

"You said no, right?!!" I say, coughing on little bits of dry toast still stuck in my throat, and he chuckles and nods his head.

"Let me know if she comes back. I'll take care of her." I say and take a sip of my milk.

"Kado...she isn't Hiram." Fred stresses.

"No, she's worse." I scoff, he sighs and heads off to work.

———