Myrnin stopped then, and Claire halted to a stop after him. He looked around, and then over his shoulder. His eyes caught Claire's. "What's wrong," She asked. "Myrnin?"

He grabbed her, and ran. Claire screamed, and managed to muffle it with her free hand. Myrnin's hands tightened at her waist, as he seemed to move faster. Claire was blinded. All she could see were quick beams of light, replaced by darkness until another light came. Then suddenly, Myrnin's hands were gone, and Claire tumbled forwards, crashing to the ground. She bumped into something hard, and she tried sitting up. She blinked, realizing that she'd crashed into a brick wall. She stumbled up, looking around for Myrnin.

All she could see was a dull street lamp, further up the alley.

"Myrnin!" She called. She started jogging towards the light. Something grabbed her again. Myrnin's hands were wet and sticky, and it left pale red smudges on the coat Claire was borrowing.

Vampire blood. Claire heard a snarl from behind Myrnin, and she blinked her eyes, hoping to see who their attacker was. Myrnin jumped, a high leap that sent them far off the ground.

His feet slapped hard on the concrete floor, at least a few kilometres away. His running slowed, and he looked over his shoulder. Then he stopped, and let Claire go. She stumbled away from him.

"What the hell was that?" She asked, gripping onto a nearby fence to stop her from falling over. Myrnin looked horrible. He had a nasty gash on the side of his cheek, and his top was shredded. He wouldn't be happy about that. Blood stains were left on his clothes and skin. He looked over his shoulder, at where they'd just retreated from. "Hey! What the hell were you running from?"

"You're bleeding." Myrnin stared at a graze on the top of Claire's head. She touched her forehead, just above her left eyebrow. She pulled her hand away to reveal sticky, red blood. He ripped off a strap of cloth from the duster and placed it on Claire's head.

Claire tried for a joke, "This isn't going to make you go crazy and want to eat me, will it?"

A hint of a smile played on the corners of Myrnin's lips. He dabbed the wound. There was quite a bit of blood on the cloth. "No. I've still got to repay you from the last time I bit you."

Claire remained silent for a few moments, as she watched Myrnin.

"Who was following us, Myrnin?" His eyes drifted from Claire's wound, and to her eyes. She sucked in a deep breath, as she stared into his deep brown eyes. "Naomi, right?" His eyes drifted down, and Claire had to look away. She pulled away, touching the wound on her head. "Can you take me home?" She said, backing away. "I don't feel that good."

* * *

It disturbed Claire that Myrnin had a key to her house. Then again, she felt too tired to really care. She stumbled over the threshold, and Myrnin had to support her. "Where do I put you?" Myrnin said, his grip around her waist tightening. He expected her to collapse any second.

Claire could only murmur, "Lounge room." He nodded, and headed in that direction. One of Shane's video games were on, but it was on pause. Claire heard noise coming from the kitchen, mostly loud voices. Eve pushed open the doors just as Myrnin made his way down the hall. Her eyes went wide and she darted back into the kitchen, no doubt to get the first aid kit. Myrnin helped her into the lounge room, and laid her down on the couch.

Shane ran into the room and stopped dead in his tracks when he saw Myrnin leaning over her. Myrnin looked over his shoulder, to see the glaring Shane. Shane's hands balled into tight fists, and Myrnin stood up. "What the hell did you do to her?" Shane said. It was loud, but it wasn't a yell.