Chapter Thirty-One

“Stop hiding your face, you girl!” Claire exclaimed as she held the camera in front of her. Shane stuck his tounge at her and ran a hand through his hair before folding his arms and raising an eyebrow at Claire.

“You’ve taken like a thousand photos,” He complained and started walking towards Claire. “How many more can you want?”

“At least a thousand more,” Claire grinned and lowered the camera to lightly brush her lips against Shane’s. “You’re the perfect subject of every photo.”

“Careful,” Shane teased and kissed her. “Someone might think you’re a stalker.” Claire flinched at the last word, but she did her best to quickly cover it up. Shane hadn’t noticed, and he took the camera from her.

He held it up and Claire saw him smile as his finger pressed down on the button, snapping a picture of Claire’s smirk.  

“That’s a keeper,” Shane grinned and looked down at the camera screen. “I’ll tell your dad that that’s your Eve-Busted-Me-After-Sleeping-With-Shane-And-Not-Coming-Home-For-The-Whole-Night look.”

“You could do that, ” Claire began and took the camera from him. “But that means that you would have to deal with my father.”

Shane pulled a face and shook his head, as if trying to forget violent thoughts. “Yeah, never mind.” Shane grinned and winked at her. “Now come on. We’re in Disneyland, and all you want to do is take pictures?”

“Memories, Shane,” Claire rolled her eyes and took one last picture before smiling at him and lowering it to her side. “It’s all about the memories.”

Shane stood by her side and snaked his arm around her waist as they walked away from a screaming crowd of kids waiting to see The Little Mermaid. “Who needs memories?” Shane smiled and dodged another little kid. “Live for the moment, and if you forget it then it’s not worth remembering.”

“So, our first time isn’t worth remembering then?” Claire mocked.

“Oh,” Shane stopped walking, and Claire took small steps away from him. “That’s how you want to play, huh?”

“Or we could be mature adults and act like this never happened?”

Shane lent in close to her hear, and his breath on her skin caused her to shiver. “You’re lucky I know you’re messing with me Claire,” Shane whispered. “And you’re lucky you’re holding that camera.”

Claire held up the camera and took another photo of his face. “This camera?” She giggled and backed away. He shot her a lopsided smile, full of angles but yet so adorably sexy. Just as Shane was about to grab Claire, he glanced up and a surprised look carved into his face.

Claire turned around to see a couple walking towards them. The girl had long black hair with a single red strip in it, along with Minnie Mouse ears and bow. She wore a black corset and a red poofy skirt with black mesh added to the layers of the skirt. Claire laughed as Eve did a model walk, showing off her new Minnie Mouse meets Goth Princess outfit and winked at Claire.

“How do I look?” She asked and tilted her head to the side.

“Better not say anything,” Shane said. “My girl’s right next to me, and Mickey is right next to you too.”

“Aw,” Eve blew Shane an air kiss. “Collins does have a heart.”

“Bite me.”

“And it’s gone,” Eve rolled her eyes and grabbed Claire’s hand as she squealed. “I met Batman!”