You get hit in the head with a Potato

Začít od začátku

"Oh really?" you smiled.

"Yeah, and apparently the law enforcement went down for like... a solid 3 years." Peter wiped his forehead, "Like seriously?"

"Guess you don't give yourself enough credit. You leave for five years and all hell breaks loose." you chuckled.

"Yep." he brushed his hair with his fingers. "I guess."

"You guess? Peter, you've made a huge impact on the world. You should be proud! Not every teenage boy would do what you're doing if they had your powers. Imagine Flash Thompson getting bitten by the radioactive spider?"  you playfully punched his shoulder.

"Yeah that would be a nightmare." Peter chuckled. "Hey, wanna come out with me?"

"What?" you said, taken aback. 

"You know, just for a night out. It would be fun." 

"Right," you giggled nervously. "I'll come.  HEY MOM! I'M GOING TO BED LEAVE ME ALONE!"

"OK JUST DONT BE ON YOUR PHONE!" Your mom shouted back.

"THANKS!" you called, "Ok, lets go."

"Thats how you communicate with your mom?"  Peter said, taking you by the hand.

"Maybe... yes." You said, nervously getting up on the windowsill, careful not to fall. 

"K, hold on," Peter instructed. He grabbed you by the waist with one arm, aiming the other hand at a building. 

"Please don't drop me this time!" you instantly grabbed his torsoe as he jumped off the building, "Peterrrrrrr you should have given me a warning!!!" You screamed, though you were sure your voice had been carried off by the draft. 

"You're fine!" he teased, flipping his body and you're into the night sky, before plummeting down to the cement. 

"This was actually a bad ideaaaaaaaa!" You continued to scream as he swung above several cars. His mask had returned, something that apparently his metal suit could do on its own. He called it the iron spider, but you could tell that him wearing it was a pain, a stab to the heart, a reminder that his mentor was dead. 

"Relax," Peter said, switching his hold on you, which almost lead to you falling, "I've got you."

"Barely!" you squeaked. 

"Hang on." He jumped upward, running up the side of a building till he made it to the top, when he finally set you down. You barely were able to stand, your legs were so wobbly. 

"Oh my gosh, nope nope nope nope!" you sat down cross legged.

"You lived."

"True, but still!" you sighed. Peter sat down cross-legged as well right next to you.  "Ugh."

"Ugh what?"

"Ugh everything."

"Makes sense."

"Hmm." you leaned back on the palms of your hands,  "We're probably gonna get in trouble for being on someone's private building."

"Yeah but we won't get caught."  Peter shrugged.  He looked over at you, only to find that your face didn't look as sarcastically happy as usual.  In fact, you appeared to be very disappointed, which had Peter concerned.  "Y/n, is something wrong."

"Its nothing."  you waved off, though you really wanted to start punching him.  You had yet to experience the boys vs girls have different languages deal.  That is until now... you felt like it was so obvious what the matter was.  How could he be so blind?

"No, its not.  Please tell me."  he pressed. 

"Its fine Peter."  no it wasn't.  He was so stubborn.  Couldn't he just put two and two together?

"Was this because of the argument earlier?"  he asked.

"No.  Thats different.  I've forgiven you."  you muttered. 

"Y/n you're killing me." he complained,  "Its gonna new at me for forever if you don't tell me."

"How can you not figure it out?!" you almost snapped. 

"Figure what out? Obviously I can't, that's why I'm asking you."

"Do you not remember anything?  What about Titan?  Or did what happened 5 years ago completely wash from your brain?" you're cheeks began to flush.  He stared at you in stunned silence.

"Well, to us it wasn't five-"

"Just please say something!  You've got me on a yellow light!"

"A what now?" he rose his eyebrow. "Y/n, what are you talking about?"

"Why don't you sit and think about it."  you settled down a bit.  You really shouldn't be so angry. "Or are you just pretending I didn't do anything back there?" 

Now that you could control your powers, you could choose when to see into the future.  But right now, you chose not to.  You didn't want a spoiler, depending on what his answer was.  Especially if it would cause a reaction from you ahead of time, which would probably confuse Peter. 

"Do you want to be friends?"  you asked calmly.

"We're already friends.  You and Ned are my best friends." He answered.

"Ok." you slumped forward. the two of you were completely silent for the next minute or so. But Peter was the one to break the silence. 

"Are you talking about... well... when you kissed me?"  he stammered. You felt embarrassed very suddenly.  You're tongue felt swollen in your mouth and you couldn't speak.  Or at least you couldn't bring yourself to. "I'm sorry y/n-"

"Its my fault."  you blurted, "I was acting irrationally, and I didn't know what was going to happen.  I just acted poorly!"  you flustered. 

"No, y/n, it's fine.  I was just to scared to..." he paused, "I don't know.  I thought I lost you forever, I've just blocked that memory from my mind.  I don't want something like that to ever happen again." 

"Peter,"

"I don't know." he slouched forward.  

"I want to pretend it never happened too."  you admitted.  "That was... stupid."

"Not really." he chuckled, "Did you... did you do that because you like me?"

"I mean... yes. " you admitted.  "Its crazy, and I hate it too.  I hate the fact that I'm in love with my best friend!"

"You're in love with me?!" he asked in surprise.

"Duh, obviously.  Thats what I just said." you answered, trying to hide your embarrassment. 

"I-"

"Dont say anything.  I don't want to know."  you mumbled.

"I'm sorry." he apologized.  And you knew exactly why. You knew he didn't return your feelings, he only saw you as a friend. "This was a bad idea, I should just take you home." 

"Ok." you muttered.  You both stood up, getting ready to leave, when you suddenly got hit in the back of the head with a potato.