My heart raised to the roof. "What article?"

"Ano na naman ba ito, Kaia? Kakagaling mo lang sa issue, may bago ka na naman!"

"What article?" I repeated.

"I sent you the link-" I wasn't able to hear the following words because I had to put the phone on speaker. "-kay Gior. Kumakalat na raw sa social media!"

I opened the link to the article. There was a black and white photo with a question mark on it.

ILLICIT AFFAIR: BRIGHT GREEK GODDESS AND HOTTIE UNKNOWN PERSONALITY

I froze as soon as I read the subject. Napaupo ako sa kama at binasa ang sumunod na paragraph.

Spotted si Engaged Greek Goddess sa parking lot ng isang sikat na club na lasing na sumakay sa kanyang sasakyan kasama ang Hottie Unknown Personality na hindi niya fiancé.

According sa aming trusted resources, hindi ito ang unang beses niyang nakita ang dalawa na magkasama.

Is EGG cheating on her fiancé and is involved in an illicit affair? Sino ang hottie unknown personality na kasama niya? At saan sila pumunta nung gabing lasing siya?

We don't know the answers yet but we promise that we'll definitely find out.

Watch your back, EGG. ;)

"Hindi mo man lang ako sinabihan na nag-night out ka kagabi! Totoo ba 'tong nakasulat sa article? Sino ang lalaking kasama mo?"

It was alarming. Whoever the source was, they really saw me with Hades last night. I don't know why they needed to make it a blind item. To make the issue more juicy? And were there photos taken that night? If there was, why wouldn't they include it?

Rumors never affected me before. No matter how true the rumor was. Ngayon lang ako nakaramdam ng takot. How could I not feel this way when everything was on the line?

My career, my reputation, the only person I care about, and now... Hades.

The only reason why I wasn't panicking was the fact that the article was written as a blind item and there were no photos that could prove the authenticity of the issue.

"It's a blind item, Mama Ton. Why are you so worried?" I laughingly said, downplaying the situation.

"Because it's so obvious that it's you! Greek Goddess with a fiancé in the industry?"

"Just have Gior to come up with some stunt to counter the issue."

"You think I will call you without a solution for your problem? You have a big event later. Ask Gio to your date."

"Can't we just post a photo like last time?"

"You think people won't notice the pattern? Bakit ka ba kasi naglasing? At sinong lalaki ang kasama mo? My God, Kaia!"

"I wasn't drunk." I rolled my eyes.

"Paano yung lalaki?"