~Chapter One~

David Jacobs

"Wake up, Les, we're going to be late for school!" I called, rushing up to our room to find that Les was up and dressed. "Les, c'mon", I sighed. "Coming, give me two seconds." Then he applied an inhuman amount of hairspray to his hair. "What are you doing?" I asked, exasperatedly. "I'm tryin' to look good for the ladies!" He said, "Don't rush me." I crossed my arms "There will be no ladies if you don't hurry up, Les." I announced. "Well then let's go!" He smiled and ran downstairs. I took in a deep breath and ran after him.

We ran downstairs and out the door, saying goodbye to our Ma and Pa. I put my hands in my pockets and walked down the sidewalk  it was a warm day, around eighty degrees, I'd say. We made it to Les's school  "Bye, David!" He smiled and walked inside then I turned around and started walking in the other direction to my school. 

I noticed a group of boys across the street, they were obviously from Downtown,  I looked down and tried to avoid their gaze but my eye caught one of them. He had the nicest brown hair, and the most gorgeous eyes ever. I quickly looked away and kept on walking. I tried not to think about him, but it was impossible  

I made it to school a few minutes early and went to my homeroom and surprise! Guess who was sitting in the back of the classroom? Cute boy from earlier!  I made sure to sit far from him to alleviate any distractions but I knew I'd still be distracted by him.

                                                                                Jack Kelly

I was rudely woken up by my brother, Crutchie.  "Cmon, Jack, school starts soon!" He said happily. "I'm up." I yawned and sat up before grabbing my clothes and putting them on. The other boys were already awake. So I grabbed my hat and walked out the door, the others following close behind.

We walked for an hour to drop off some of the younger kids, they said their goodbyes and went on their way  We walked for about fourty-five minutes after that, which was intolerable when you're with Racetrack Higgins. He kept making jokes and pretending to fight people. I just dealt with it, so did the others.

 Eventually we saw another person. He was handsome, like very handsome. He had soft looking hair and an adorable, kissable mouth. "Got your eye on him, do ya Jack? You should go get him. I shook my head, "Nah, if I see him again I will." He turned into a different road, so I doubted I'd ever see him again.

We made it to school! I walked into my homeroom and sat in the back. I messed around on my phone for a bit and then got out my sketchbook. I saws someone walk in out of the corner of my eye so I looked over. It was him! I knew I'd see him again  

————————————————

Sorry that took so long.

Ps I wrote this at 3 am 

Word count: 514