IRI NA ASAA

Stephanie had began texting Ayo. Ayo was the man her bestfriend tried playing matchmaker with. So far, he seemed like the perfect man for marriage; he was a believer, a doctor, he liked Chinaza and above all, he was Igbo. Intially, she thought he was Yoruba until he explained that both his parents are Igbo and he is the only child that brought them joy, hence, the name 'Ayo. Chinaza had said it a few times that he couldn't wait to meet Ayo and Stephanie always told Ayo to come visit already since Chinaza wanted to meet him, but in reality, she was expectant too.

As they left the Arrivals terminal, Stephanie saw Iheanyi waiting. She had missed him, even Naza missed him. She had bought clothes for the new baby and couldn't wait for the child dedication. Iheanyi was smiling as he waited for them to come out.

"Madam. Welcome." Iheanyi said.

"Iheanyi, how are you?" Stephanie asked.

"I'm fine ma." Iheanyi replied and turned to Chinaza. "So you don go Obodo Oyibo already? Chai! Ego di nma."

Naza just smiled and kept walking, he couldn't wait to gist Iheanyi about the trip.
Amanda have been quiet ever since her dinner with Chuka. Stephanie had noticed but she wasn't going to talk about it, at least not yet. She hoped Amanda took her advice and turned Chuka down because even if it was going to hurt, it was way better.

As they got closer to the gate of the house, they saw a van parked in front. It resembled an army van but on a closer look it was an Air force van. Stephanie knew immediately that Dipsy was there and wondered what he came for. She stepped out of the car with Naza beside her. He tried to keep an intimidating face which got Stephanie laughing. She turned and looked at him while laughing but his gaze remained unfaltering, so she stopped laughing.

"Stephanie, I've been calling your line. It never connects." Dipsy complained.

"Yeah. It shouldn't." Stephanie replied.

"I was blocked on all platforms right?" Dipsy asked.

"No, you weren't. I was out of the country." Stephanie explained.

"Oh! Okay," answered Dipsy.

"Naza, how are you? You look bigger than when we last saw." Dipsy tried talking with Naza but he was having it. He just turned and walked towards the car.

"Well, we would be going in now, thank you for checking on me," said Stephanie as she  followed behind Naza.

"Stephanie it's not that. I've been trying to call you because these past weeks have been terrible. I miss you Stephanie. I want us to start this you and me thing from the beginning." Dipsy said. Chinaza stopped, turned and walked towards Dipsy while Stephanie stood and watched.

"Dead that thought. If you came here thinking we would start playing family all over again, forget it." Naza said.

Stephanie was smiling, she remembered where they had seen that phrase, it was on Twitter and Chinaza was already using it. He was brilliant.

"Chinaza, you know I love you. You know that." Dipsy spoke looking directly at Chinaza.

"Didn't seem that way when you suggested my return to the orphanage." Chinaza retorted.

"You told him that?" Dipsy asked Stephanie.

"She didn't have to. I heard it." Chinaza said.

"No. You misunderstood me, I didn't mean it that way." Dipsy tried explaining.

"Sure!" Stephanie said swiftly from behind Naza.

"Exactly, even your mom knows." Dipsy replied, not noticing the sarcasm.