Chp.19 Pleasant arrival.

“Ava..Avaa..” someone shook me gently, “Ava take a look out the window!” Whispered Ecanus,

“Huh..?” I rubbed drowsyness from my eyes, though I still tried to nestle more deeply into his chest,

“sh! sh!” he held his finger to his pursed lips, be quiet.

I crept up reluctantly to the window as he gestured, he helped me up by the waist, and what I saw was amazing.

a flock of deer (is that what they were called?) were grazing, and a doe was giving birth to a fawn in the long grass of a small clearing a few feet away. it was like nothing i’d ever seen before, raw nature and life. The doe fell out of view, and a few seconds later hopped back up, I could just see a struggling form on the ground.

“Aww!!” I cooed,

“Can.. we drive on?” said vince,

“But why!?” I moaned,

“Because...” he said, looking a little pale and slightly green,

“You okay?”

“--fine!” he snapped, squinting his eyes shut, 

The driver started forward slowly, so as to not startle the deer, and then got back to the normal speed when we were far enough away.

“That was amazing!!” my heart did a few summersaults.

“Really?” asked Vince in disbelief,

“Nah, I thought it was awesome.” said Ray coolly, although I doubted he actually knew what was going on since he'd been sleeping the whole time,

I smiled in response, but Vince seemed to go a little greener at the memory.

“So how much longer?” I asked Ecanus, debating whether there was enough time for more sleep to be worth it,

“Oh, maybe twenty minutes?” said Cas, brooding a little in his corner seat.

“Oh awesome!” I smiled brightly, excited enough not to care about sleep anymore,

Ecanus laughed at my reaction.

Twenty minutes of listening to Finn explain 'Call of Duty:Black Ops' to me, and we were there.

At first glance, the town was quaint, but something about it made it seem.. more than that. we got out of the car in an adorable town square, a round-a-bout with four double streets out on four sides. North, East, South, West I assumed. It wasn’t long till I’d finished admiring the scenery; little gardens along the side of the road, and houses standing proudly and comfortably behind them, and as I looked up the streets I saw that each had an array of signs for various sorts of shops and restaurants all the way down them. looking up towards the north street, I saw a church with a spire which just peeked over the building roofs, though the stained glass window in it seemed blurred from this distance, I could have sworn it moved or changed shape.

Down the west road I could see the cinema, also just peering over the houses and shops, it was all made of red brick, and looked like a converted mansion of some-kind, with most of the windows above the first floor left just for show, bricks stacked right behind the glass. Ivy tickled the bottom corners of the building, but they seemed as though they were cut back. There was a large front entrance, and the classic light bulbs around the rims of huge signs which read the titles of many movies, promised to be on inside.

Down the east road, there stood a sort of miniature hospital, again a converted mansion, though small enough that it didn’t quite peek over the buildings.

While I'd been daydreaming about this amazing place--huge, yet the air of a small town--the wizards had discussed quickly their ideas, and were starting to inch down the south road. Castiel and Ecanus, standing between us, were talking as well about their plans. Vince and the others looked hesitantly in my direction, and nervously at Ecanus and Castiel, perhaps wondering if they should usher us in their direction.

I noticed their reactions, and tipped my head questioningly. Kayden, Finn and Vince tipped their heads in the direction of the south road and gestured for me to join them. 

I looked from Ecanus to Cas, the two still looking very serious, and then breathed out a sigh. I strode forward and tugged on Cas’s jacket as I moved past them. Castiel looked at me--saw me gesture towards the wizards/south road--and then began to follow, Ecanus in tow.

“Where we goin’?” I asked the wizards as I caught up,

“Arcade!” smiled Duke.