Chp.18 Just a Quick drive.. an hour or so?

“What are we doing today?” I asked,

“Why are you asking me?” asked Ecanus,

“Well what do I know about the town?” I said simply, “You know? maybe I should go ask the wizards about what they are planning..” I looked out the window at the main building,

“Your a little excited arent you?”

“You know how long its been since I went ‘out’?” I stressed the ‘out’ like it had been ages, and it had.

“Um.. a month?”

“Pffsht.. more like 6” I scoffed,

“You didn’t go out a lot before you came here? I though that was a real girl thing..”

“Yeah it is but..” I remembered and paused a second, “But stuff came up.” I smiled, dropping the subject. 

“Oh.. Oh'kay.” said Ecanus, “So.. what are we doing today then?”

“Well.. What kind of shops are there?”

“Oh loads.. all really small though--except the cinema of course--but my favorite is the sweet shop.. Z likes the library--they can get you any book--oh yeah and the pet shop, Cas usually strolls into the book maker’s shop every now and again.. theres a bar that we like to eat at--but its not like a city bar! It's like an old fashioned place..” he went on about a load of shops that sounded pretty strange to be appearing in a small town like the guys had initially described, but then they started sounding a little harry-potter-ish when he got to stores like the apothecary. Still, that only made it all more interesting, I looked at him intently, taking in every word.

“We cannot visit all that in one day.” Cas came up behind us drying his hands,

“So how do we choose?”

“Out of a hat?” I said jokingly, both guys gave me a little odd stare, “Or not..?”

“Well I need to stop at the bookmaker’s for some binding materials.” said Cas kneeling right next to me to lean on the arm of the sofa, 

“And I could always use some more sweets..” said Ecanus longingly,

 Truth be told, I adored sweets, friends had called me sweet tooth and all. I smiled at the thought of sweets like Ecanus, then thought about how interesting it would be watching Cas quietly do his own things, each more intricate than the last. 

 “Well that’s the sweet shop and book maker’s store on the list” I said,

“Howsabout we just go along with whatever the wizard’s have in mind too?” suggested Ecanus

“Wait.. their coming too?” asked Cas disbelievingly,

“Oh yeah.. I forgot to tell you.. I'm really sorry Cas..” I started to apologize,

“Don’t worry about it.” he smiled at me, “Just was surprised.. they usually seem so scared of us.”

“Well its nine’o’clock soon, so come on oddballs.” joked Ecanus, throwing Cas’s coat at him, 

“Okay! Wait here though I need to get my hoodie..” I ran off to the closet,

Cas

when Ava ran off to get her coat, I couldn’t help thinking about our awkward.. situation.. yesterday. though i’d agreed not to take us further than friends, I was surprised to find a new confidence inside me.. and I had plans drawn up in my head, plans to get Ava to love me back. 

I figured that after these past events, she’d feel at least a little more conscious of me, and I was hoping to innocently use that to my advantage. There may have been a little grin on my face at that moment of thought, but in the next moment I was back to my usual self and waiting for Ava by the door as she clambered out of our room.

Ava

I grabbed one of my softest and largest American Eagle hoodies, and awkwardly put it on over my soft thunderbird t-shirt as I ran out the room and out the door to a waiting Ecanus and Castiel.

Out of the room, and the range of the heaters, a sudden chill blew through me. I shivered a little, glad for for my slightly baggy jeans and moccasins to cover up my legs, then tried to shake it off and follow Cas as he flew out the window with Ecanus in tow. We headed to the front of school--which I hadn't seen for a while--and was surprised to see all the trees were exactly how I’d left them, there was the same black limo waiting at the front door’s step, and I could see the wizards just stepping into it, rushing out of the cold. The three of us alighted on the curb, retracted our wings, and followed them inside the roomy limo, sinking into a leather chair while completely enjoying the warmth of the heater.

“Looks like we were right on time.” said Ecanus, staring out the tinted window at the driver, now exiting the building and moving--blindingly fast--to the driver’s door to--once again blindingly fast--start the ignition with a purr and drive us off of school grounds.

“H-hey A-Ava..” Vince chattered, sitting beside all his buddies; Finn, Kayden, Duke, Zaine, and Ray.

“Hiya!” I chirped cheerfully, “Cold?”

“V-very..” he shivered again, I noticed his friends nodding,

“You guys’ll warm up fast in this car.” Castiel smiled, clearly trying to adopt my attitude,

The wizards all flinched a little, noticing his figure--not at built as Ecanus’s sport body, but still beyond their own--and smiled back tentatively. Cas looked at me with a raised eyebrow in query, I shrugged in response.

According to Ecanus, the town was a good hour or so away, (apparently I'd slept more thant six full hours when I first came here.. only to awaken in the large clearing that the road passed through.) so it didn’t surprise me that the wizards starting telling jokes and playing DS and PSP games to pass the time.

We reached the clearing, and I felt my eyes droop a little, and just as we turned a corner--that I was unprepared for--I swayed and fell onto Ecanus. I caught myself in the moment, and pulled off him swiftly, “Sorry..” I muttered,

“It’s fine if you want to sleep Ava.” he said sweetly, "I don’t mind.”

“Really?”

“Really it's fine! go on, lie on my shoulder.” he shifted a little closer so that I could easily lean on him,

“Thanks..” I said drowsily, taking full advantage of this oppurtunity to rest.

I yawned and felt my eyes become heavier, leaning into Ecanus’s warm arm--with a worn hoodie of his own over it--seemed to make the best pillow, I noticed his scent, slightly like AXE deodorant I’d smelt on guys at my old school, but fainter and a little more like cinnamon. I dozed off then, I faintly remembered Vince looking at Ecanus subtly with a sour look, and Castiel’s fist clenched as he stared out the window at passing scenery.