Four- Language Arts Means Talking

On Thursday, I came to the conclusion that I was going to go to Mrs Penny's English/Language Arts class, and talk. That's what English/Language is, talking. So that's the mind set I had upon entering 6th period.

Nate was sitting in his seat already. He looked up from that book with the blue and white lady on it and smiled at me when I sat down and turned around. I talked to Mike until Mrs Penny came in to start class.

She called on Nate to answer the DOL from his seat. I was slouched really low in my desk in front of him, so all he did was look over me to answer.

His voice sounded like silk as he spoke. He had a kind of deep voice with a sweet edge to it, like honey. The volume of his voice was high enough to be heard throughout the classroom and I thought it was a little strange that a shy boy would speak loud enough to be heard by everyone.
Maybe he's just shy towards me... but why? Why just me? I'm only a weirdo with purple hair... do I scare him? Oh, I don't want to be scary...

We got to talk some more before lunch.

Bree and Taylor were talking back and forth and to me. They talked about softball and sports. Then asked me about Sharpies and my drawings that I do on my arms.

I had blue, black, and purple flowers with pinky purple centers and yellow and green leaves up both arms that day. My purple mohawk was put in small braids and pulled back into a ponytail. I was wearing a black skirt, shirt, and leggings with two black belts around my thin waist, and I had my black Converse high tops on.

I smiled and told them I drew on my feet, ankles, and calves, too. They looked doubtful but I had an orange and yellow fish in front of green plants drawn up my left foot and shin, so I showed them. They laughed that I was telling the truth.

Then the class went to lunch.

Nate sat only one chair away again. I noticed but I wasn't really talking to anyone. I was busy thinking as I stared at a spot on the table.
I have to say something today. Tomorrow is the half day, and I'll have to be in the art room for the advanced art party thingy. I won't go to my classes, which means no chance to talk tomorrow. Have to today...
What do I say?
Hmmmmm....

I looked up at my friends. They were talking about Jan being on her cruise.

"... and I wish I could go swimming somewhere warm." Continued Eddie.

I started laughing.

It confused everyone and Emma asked me what I was laughing at.

"You wanna go swimming?!?!" I laughed.

"Yeah? So?" Answered Eddie.

"...And your telling Emma?!?!"

"Yeah? So?"