Chapter 10 - We'll Be Alright

Začít od začátku

Rosie is cuddled up with Avie and her blanket as she sits on the other side of me and August is fast asleep as he lies in his support pillow thing on the ottoman in front of us. So I trap Karlie in the corner of the couch and the model laughs as I wrap my arms around her waist and lie my head directly over where her heart is beating.

Rosie is enamored by the film but I am focused on Karlie, just so beyond grateful to be in her arms right now. "I'm okay, Teffy," I feel gentle lips against my forehead as she speaks and I sigh as I look up to the model. "I know, I just love you so much, Karlie, and for a moment I really thought I might have lost you." It's the most heartbreaking thing I could ever imagine but God knows what could have happened if we were all together.

"I know, baby, but I'm here and we're all okay," she hugs me tighter, but I ease her out of my embrace when she winces in pain. Luckily that coincides with August starting to fuss so I pick him up and settle him in my arms as I cuddle up beside Karlie where I can't hurt her.

"Mama, can I get some water please?" Rosie looks over to us and Karlie kisses my forehead before getting up, "of course you can, monkey." She scoops Rosie up as the five year old giggles, "I'll make a bottle for Auggie too, he's bound to be hungry pretty soon." She laughs as she plops the giggling little girl down beside me and I smile, "you're a dream."

Karlie disappears out of the room and Rosie cuddles into me as I smile. We never really talked to her about calling us mommy or mama but it kind of came naturally every so often, I think its more of a comfort thing, especially today, but we're not going to push her about it.

Rosie rests her head on August's tummy as he lays against my legs and I smile as the little guy watches his big sister. "He loves you, Ro," she's so obsessed with him and its so nice to see, "he's biting me," she giggles like a crazy person as she holds her face just above his and I grab his pacifier as I wipe the saliva from Rosie's face.

"Just in time," I laugh as Karlie holds out a bottle and I take it as the model sits down beside me, "water for the monkey," she hands Ro her water bottle too and the little girl smiles brightly as she thanks Kar. She wraps her arm around my waist as I feed the baby and I cuddle into her side, smiling as I watch the two kids.

This time last year I would never have imagined that this was where my life was going. I was so scared to even start a relationship with Karlie six months ago and now we're raising two kids, basically living together and we both know that marriage is our end goal. I love her more than anything and I've known that for a long time, I'm just happy that we're finally in a really good place.

"That will be our dinner," she wiggles her eyebrows as my phone buzzes, letting us know that someone is at the gate. "Let's go grab some plates, Ro," Karlie goes to answer the door and I get up, Rosie following me to the kitchen as I carry August. The little one helps me set the table since I don't have any free hands and Karlie quickly comes bounding back into the kitchen with our food and a huge smile on her face.

I'm the luckiest person on this planet to have such a perfect little family. This is my world now. I don't need anything else.

- Karlie -

"Alright, baby girl, sleep tight," I brush blonde locks out of Rosie's face as the little one starts to drift off. Compared to the chaos of our afternoon we had a peaceful evening. Ro insisted on helping give her baby brother his first bath and then I went through her bedtime routine with her, putting on her pyjamas and reading a story. Now she's basically asleep but I can't take my eyes off of her perfect little face. It may not have started this way but she's our baby girl and there is nothing more perfect in the world.

"I love you, Rosie Posie," I smile and press one last kiss to her forehead before getting up, making sure that she's properly tucked in and stopping at the door. I observe her one last time, the nightlight projecting stars around her, and I sigh. I could have lost everything today but we're all here and safe and I'm going to spend every second of the rest of my life thankful for that.