Elena Adler

Fandom: Criminal Minds

Name: Elena May Adler

Nicknames: •Elle, Ellie (close friends and family) •Lena (friends)
•Agent Adler (colleagues)

Pet Names (significant other only): baby, darling, honey, sweetheart

Age: 34 (Born January 31)

Zodiac Sign: Aquarius

Height: 5'5

Species: Human

Sexuality: Bisexual with a preference for men. She questions her sexuality a lot and often feels insecure with her sexuality since she thinks having a preference for men means she's faking it or saying she's bi for attention.

Love Interest: Spencer Reid, Derek Morgan, or Emily Prentiss

Appearance:

Body Type: Toned, healthy

Style: For work, she wears dress pants and plain button up shirts with low heeled boots. At home or on her days off, her clothes are more casual and comfortable (like sweatpants and regular t-shirts or jeans). She keeps her hair down for work but ties it up once she's at home.

Personality: Elena can be very sweet once you get to know her. She can be a little closed off and cautious when you first meet her, though. She tends to be very sarcastic and snippy at times, but it's usually without any anger behind it. She tends to hide whatever issues she may be dealing with because she doesn't want to be seen as a nuisance. This also means she put others needs ahead of her own. She can get excited very easily, especially when she's talking about the things she finds interesting. Elena is also very introverted, which is difficult because of her job but she makes it work. She's also very sensitive to a few things, such as people making fun of her intelligence or anything that is associated with her anxiety. Elena can be very quick to anger as well, sometimes getting extremely angry or irritated over little things. It's also hard for her to admit when she's wrong or to apologize to people for her wrongdoings.

Mental Health Issues: Elena struggles with anxiety that she helps to manage with Zoloft. She's fairly good at keeping it under control but sometimes it gets bad enough that she closes herself off from people for a few days. If she's talking to someone and her anxiety starts to surface, the most noticeable thing is that she can't stop messing with her hands. The more isolated she is the worse her anxiety will get. She can't be alone for a long time and needs social interaction. When her anxiety is bad, she tends to be overly sensitive to loud noises and can get irritated very easily. At the times her anxiety is bad, she can lash out at the people close to her even though she doesn't mean to hurt them.

Backstory: Elena grew up in a small rural town in Tennessee on a farm. She was taught the value of hard work from her parents and from the lifestyle she had as a child. She always wanted to do the right thing for people and to help them. It took a while for her to figure out what she wanted to do with her life, but eventually decided on becoming a surgeon. She was always interested in that type of thing from helping her dad birth animals on their farm. Even she will admit that it's odd she didn't want to be a vet. After high school, she went to Stanford to become a surgeon after being inspired by the tv shows she watched as a kid and being a farm kid. She made it through one year of internship and halfway through her five year long residency before quitting due to reasons she doesn't like to discuss. She later went back to school for forensics and eventually applied to the FBI, working her way up to the BAU.

Born in: Lynchburg, Tennessee

Resides in: Quantico, Virginia

Education: Stanford University of Medicine

Credentials: M.D., FBI Agent

Occupation: Criminal Behavioral Analyst (Member of the Behavioral Analysis Unit of the FBI)

Family: •Betty Adler, mother, teacher (alive)
•Hank Adler, father, farmer (alive)
•Reese Adler, brother, mechanic/farmer (alive)

Pets: A grey and white cat named Ash

Other Notable Things:
•Elena is an extremely picky eater
•She has a somewhat notable southern accent that becomes stronger when she's drunk or stressed
•She is a creature of habit, following a semi strict routine for herself. Because of her job, it's hard to keep a normal routine so she has a few things that must stay the same for a sense or normalcy. If her routine gets thrown off, it can easily irritate her and make her upset.
•She tends to get too invested in other people which can lead to her getting let down a lot.
•Elena can get overwhelmed very easily and it's hard for her to unwind from becoming so overwhelmed.
•She can be very clingy at times.
•She constantly needs reassurance, even over little things.

Favorites
•TV Show: The Office
•Movie: The Hunger Games
•Book: Silence of the Lambs by Thomas Harris
•Pass Time: Reading or baking
•Animal: Cat
•Way to Stay Active: Swimming, Yoga
•Season: Fall
•Food: Pasta
•Dessert: Cheesecake
•Color: pastel yellow
•Weather: Rainy, foggy