Munchkin (Pt. 2)

*three days after the blood test*

Today you were out following a lead on a case with Fin. John got stuck working on training as the precinct, so you offered to work with his partner for the day.

"I'll go talk to the vendor over there, if you wanna go talk to the teacher from the school across the street". Fin suggested.
You nodded. "Alright we'll meet back here in a bit". As you turned to cross the street, your phone started ringing.

"Hello?" You answered, almost too quickly. You were waiting for Mel to call you today.
"Hey mama" said Melinda. You could hear her smiling through the phone. "It's positive?" you replied breathlessly, feeling butterflies fill your stomach with excitement.
"100% positive. Judging from your hormones you're about six weeks along" she replied. "Now you can finally tell John he's gonna be a daddy."
You could feel tears fill your (E/C) eyes. "Thank you so much Mel. I can't wait to tell him."
You said your goodbyes and hung up the phone, as tears of happiness streamed down your face. "I'm gonna be a mom" you smiled. You sniffed, taking a moment to regain your composure before walking into the school to interview the teachers. The rest of the afternoon was a haze. You were too excited to get back to the precinct and see John.
-----------------------
You walked into the precinct, and your eyes went straight to John's desk. Damn, you thought, seeing it empty. "Hey Liv, have you seen John?" Before she could reply, Cragen called out from his office "he's down in records pulling some old case files".
"Thanks captain" you called over your shoulder, heading down the stairs.
You walked to the back of the records room to find John buried behind a mountain of messy paperwork.
He sighed, clearly annoyed with the disarray before him. "How the hell does anyone ever find anything down here" he muttered to himself.
He looked up, hearing the click of your heels coming towards him. He stood up to greet you, only to be almost knocked over by the excited hug you gave him. "Oh hey (Y/N)---oof!" He grunted, steadying himself against the table.
You looked at him, eyes gleaming with excitement. "Sorry baby" you said, giving him a kiss.
He laughed as he said "what's got you in such a good mood?"
"Nothing in particular, just excited to see you. Hey, how about we order takeout from our favorite Italian place tonight?" You said, arms wrapping around his neck as you spoke. He responded with a slow, sensual kiss, trailing his hands down your side and up your back before he said " Mhmm sounds good to me. Are we celebrating something?"
You shook your head. "Do we need a special occasion to treat ourselves to a nice dinner?"
He chuckled. "No I guess not". He glanced at the mess in front of him. "I've got about an hour or so left of digging to do here. Why don't you go ahead and head home and order for us?"
You nodded, giving him one last kiss. "Try not to be too late, okay?" You called over your shoulder, heading back upstairs. He grunted an affirmation, already digging back into his work.
Perfect. Now you had time to run to the store and pick up a little gift to help your announcement. You felt as if you were walking on a cloud as you made your way thru the precinct and down to your car. You couldn't stop smiling like a happy idiot, and you didn't care.