•06.•

more like medium rare

"YOU KNOW WHAT? This is great

"YOU KNOW WHAT? This is great. And not only did Magnus not get the girl's memories back, he took the necklace. This is fantastic-" Alec rants. He was fed up with all the mistakes and misfortunes of the last couple of days, all the mistakes that were directly connected with the arrival of Clary Fairchild. His parabatai, however, was not too fond of his raging criticism. "Alec, the girl.. Her name is Clary and I highly suggest you keep your voice down."

Usually, Alec would stop now, but he was too far gone this time. "Why? What, are you afraid I'm gonna upset her? We have risked our lives again and again for this girl, and where has it gotten us? All right? Nowhere. We're no closer to getting the Mortal Cup and we've lost the Institute's necklace." Clary cuts in, not going to stand aside in silence any longer. "Hey, I'm right here. I don't care about your damn jewelry. I'm sorry you're gonna look bad in front of your bosses, okay? But my mother is still missing and my last chance at finding her just disappeared into thin air, kidnapping my best friend!" 

Jace tries to calm her down. "Clary, it's gonna be fine." "No, it's not," she lashes out. "People are dying because of me. My best friends got in life danger because of their relation to me. And Magnus? Magnus will never come out of hiding again while Valentine is still after him. We're never gonna find him, and so we're never gonna find Blythe! And I will.. I will never get my memories back." She throws the little button agrily at Jace, trying to vent off her frustration.

"You give up way too easy," the blonde says as he catches the button with ease and clutches it in his hands. He takes a few steps away from them and closes his eyes. He was obviously concentrating, but Clary didn't know why. "What is he doing?" Alec explains curtly that he was tracking Magnus down, ordering her to be quiet and stay within distance. "The button belonged to Magnus. Jace can pinpoint the location using that," Izzy explains. Jace was trying, but it did not work as the signal was not strong enough. He asks Alec for help and they lock their hands together, gazing deep into each other's eyes as they track him together.

"When parabatais track, their power grows stronger. Jace and Alec are gonna track Magnus together," Isabelle explains with a great smile of pride on her face. "Yeah, this whole parabatai thing seems oddly intimate, if you ask me," Clary notes. Izzy sighs, telling her she doesn't even know the half of it. When the parabatai tracking worked, they follow after Alec and Jace to an abandoned warehouse. As the Shadowhunters arrive, Clary was on the look out for Blythe everywhere. However, she could not see her anywhere.

It was awfully quiet and strange how they could get in so easily. But then, the reason for that became clear. A man with a seraph blade killed another man, a Downworlder. Magnus' lair was under attack by Valentine. They all end up running different directions in an attempt to find the warlock and Clary comes across a young girl, kneeling by a dead body. She was begging her father to wake up, not noticing a Circle member coming closer.