•35.•

•simon's strange cult mark•

simon's strange cult mark

BLYTHE'S EYES BLINK open again to see Magnus, Alec and Brother Gabriel standing over her. She was no longer in the City of Bones but instead in her bedroom back in Magnus' loft. "Is.. is it done," she whispers. Her throat was painful and hoarse. Making sounds was not very pleasant at the moment.

The warlock holds a beaker to her lips. She eagerly drinks the concoction inside and finds it immediately soothing her sore throat. Magnus and Alec help her to sit up in the bed. They all look to Brother Gabriel. He was standing like a statue by her bedside, his hands folded into his wide sleeves.

"The examination is completed. The Silent Brothers will now bow over what they have extracted and will come with their discoveries once done." He bows his head politely before leaving the bedroom. Magnus gently strokes her head in a comforting gesture. Blythe rests her head back. The only good thing about being so violently examined was that her body was too tired to think about it for long.

Within just a short time she fell asleep again under the protection of Magnus Bane and Alexander Lightwood.

•••

"I HOPE YOU don't mind that it is such short notice, Blythe," Magnus asks. He had just told her that Maryse Lightwood had arrived in New York after finalizing her divorce with Robert. Now she was planning on having dinner with her children and they would have the dinner at his house.

Blythe waves it off. "Of course I don't mind!" She smiles and holds up her phone in her hand. "I already texted Simon and we're hanging out together."

Magnus slowly nods as he let the information sink in. "That is.. good. Very good, in fact. But, please be careful. Actually, let Shawn bring you home afterwards." Blythe sighs, ignoring the usual mispronunciation of her friend. "I will, trust me," she responds. The constant worrying about her safety was tiring, but she understood where he was coming from. She had already been kidnapped twice and had strange things happen to her all the time.

The warlock sighs too in exasperation. He runs a hand over his face and returns to the kitchen where Alec was brewing a foul smelling concoction. She was actually glad not to be joining them for dinner.

Before Maryse arrived Blythe made sure to be dressed and on her way to the docks. The oversized sweater she wears was keeping her warm, but the cold did manage to seep through her jeans. She was happy when she arrived about twenty minutes later.

Simon was excited, almost giddy, to greet Blythe. He directs her to an old couch that seems like it has seen its best time, but it was still comfy. "Come on, I have brought in some things from the Jade Wolf I'm sure you enjoy. Well, I had Maia drop it off for me, but still."