•39.•

•the malachi configuration•

the malachi configuration

"IT'S NO USE trying to escape." Isabelle walks back into the living room of the loft, followed by her brother, Magnus and Blythe. Jace had tried to break through his prison, but luckily the Malachi Configuration did its work. "The trap you're in was designed to hold a Greater Demon."

"Well, that's not very nice. Trapping your brother in a box," Jace remarks. Blythe crosses her arms before her chest as she stares at him. There was a slight hint of disgust in her eyes. Alec, who was standing besides her, tells him he is not their brother and that they were going to bring back the real Jace.

Jace starts taunting Alec and when Magnus defends him he moves his hateful attention to the warlock. Blythe takes a daring step forward towards the invisible cage around him, shrugging off the hand that Alec tries to grab her arm with.

"You sure do have a lot of talk for someone who is trapped inside of a little box," she sneers at him. Jace chuckles. His blue eyes narrow down on her with contempt, his smirk revealing a little bit of his pearly white canines. "You sure have a lot of talk for being a defenseless, useless little Mundane. You must surely hate it to always need saving by us," he tells her in a soft, babyish voice.

Blythe balls her fists and slams them hard against the cage, fury raging in her eyes. Jace starts laughing while Alec dashes forward to pull her back. "Must be painful to always be a nuisance to us. You can't even pick out a good boyfriend, let alone watch your own back for more than ten minutes," Jace continues to speak to her while Alec tries to hold her back, which was a hard job even with Izzy's help.

The front door bursts open suddenly and Luke and Simon enter the apartment. Luke asks if they have any news about Clary, but Simon was too overcome with rage. He marches up to the Malachi Configuration and threatens to throw Jace off the building. Luke quickly takes his arms and pulls him away. Blythe follows the two of them into Magnus' office and tries to help calm Simon down.

The others join them there shortly and discuss what they could do to help get Clary out of the Gard. Blythe looks down and bites on her lower lip. She couldn't imagine anything that could help get Clary free.

"Blythe.."

She looks up, her thoughts interrupted by Magnus. He looks at her with a worrying look and nods to her face. Blythe raises a hand to her face and sees blood on her fingertips. She had bitten down so hard on her lip she tore the skin.

While the others leave to do their own thing to help Clary and Jace, Magnus approaches her. "Perhaps it is best if you try and get some rest." She throws him a look of disbelief. "Magnus, how could I possibly get rest while my best friends are putting their lives in danger? I am staying awake and you can't convince me otherwise."

She sits down on the couch with crossed arms, a defiant look in her blue eyes. Magnus sighs. He knew he was not going to convince her otherwise and decides to leave her be, focusing his attention on other things. He takes Alec aside and explains to him how they can get Jace free of his possession.