Chapter 1, Lyra: in the world

"Of course! " Lord Cassius snapped, " Had to be a girl... "

Keefe looked over at his new baby sister and then at his dad who now stormed out of the room.

" So...what's her name? " Keefe asked his mother who was blankly staring at the baby as if she could find a name in her eyes.

When Lady Gisela didn't answer Keefe said, " uh.... so? "

'' Oh right.. '' Lady Gisela said finally looking at Keefe. " Lyra " 

Keefe shrugged, " Eh, okay " He shrugged, not  knowing what to expect.

Now Keefe was the one staring in Lyra's ice blue eyes. " Wonder how dad's doing... " He whispered.

Lady Gisela rolled her eyes, " Who knows what your Father thinks "

" Right.." Keefe looked down he now had a little sister in his family. There was so much new in his life that he didn't know what to start getting used to.

Keefe sighed hopelessly, thinking of what could HE do in the moment.

" What can I do then? " said Keefe and then realising that he said that out loud.

" Uh.." Keefe said. He normally wouldnt rant in front of her mom and a baby.

Keefe was now in the gold towers in the elite levels and it was MUCH more difficult than he thought, But now the biggest change in his life was that he had a little sister now. After all those years being an only child there was no way he could get used to THIS. Keefe kept on staring at his sister, would she share the same growing pains as he did? Would she have to hide her sadness? Would she be the same as...... him? Now all that Keefe could do was wait........

Wait.....