Çhapter 17 (Last Chapter)

*Third POV*

Y/n looked around and noticed she was in the living room. ''What in the world...?' Sitting up from the couch, Y/n held her head. 'Oh man I'm dizzy.' She walked into the kitchen and saw her best friend with her daughter. "Morning sleepy head. Or afternoon." Haven said, smiling at Y/n. Y/n smiled back. "Did I sleep that long? Sorry." Haven waved her off. "I made you lunch."

"Thank you." After Y/n had lunch with Elana and Haven, they began having a short chat. "So, tell me how it is with you a Dameine, a.k.a Dan." Haven said, giving Y/n a wink. "Oh you know." Y/n started, letting out a giggle, "He gave me a rose yesterday, with a sweet note attached to it, though I didn't know until halfway through our date. Also thanks for letting me move in!" Haven waved her off, "It's no big deal, sweetheart. After the little incident with him, I've gotta keep you safe." Now Y/n was confused. 'Whose him?' "Right, uhm, who's he?" She asked, but Haven didn't say anything more. After a second of silence, Y/n spoke, "I think I'm going to finish putting my things away." Haven nodded in understanding and Y/n left the kitchen. 'Why did she have to emphasize the word him? Who is he anyway?'

Several hours passed and Y/n finally had most of her stuff unpacked and put away. "Now time for a nice hot shower and then a nap!!" She said aloud to herself while gathering some pajamas. She quickly washed off and stepped out. After getting her clothes on she looked at the mirror and stood in shock. She looked at the crooked words. 'I'm back' it read. Her heart picked up it's pace. She wiped away the words and walked into her bedroom. Elana was sitting on her bed drawing. "Hello, Elana." Y/n greeted. Elana looked up and held out the drawing. It was of her mother, Y/n, Smile, and herself. "Oh my, that's really good!" Y/n said, taking the drawing in her hands. Elana smiled. The drawing wasn't something one would call a masterpiece, it was drawn by an eight year old after all. Though, it was well drawn for someone as young as Elana. With Elana being a small distraction, Y/n heart went back to normal pace. Smile jumped into the bed and whined at Y/n. "What's wrong boy?" Y/n asked. He just whined again and Elana wrapped her small arms around his neck to hug him. He shook her off and ran down the hall. "I'm gonna go see what's wrong with him, okay?" Elana nodded and Y/n headed out of the room, down the hall, and into the kitchen. "What's wrong with Smile? He was whining at the door and ran out it when I opened it." Haven said, placing down the book she was reading on the table. "I'm not sure. Let me get my shoes on and I'll go see." Haven nodded, "Be careful, he's a big dog. Want a leash for him?" Y/n shook her head, "He's a good dog, he'll follow me back." With that, Y/n shoved on some shoes and walked out the back door and into the big yard. She yelled for Smile and got a loud bark back from down the street. With a huff, Y/n jogged down the street and stopped to call for the large dog once more. Another bark, but it was closer and it was also in the woods. Her breath hitched and she took a step back. A snap of a branch alerted Y/n and she called for Smile. The frog ran out and nearly knocked her over. She laughed, forgetting all about the woods. "Smile! What's gotten you so happy?" She asked in between laughs. He happily barked and jumped off Y/n. With a few giggles, she stood up, "Alright boy, let's go." With a shake of his head, Smile tugged on her pants leg. "Smile, I'm not going into the woods." He huffed and tugged harder, almost ripping her pants. "Alright, jeez, Boy, you're gonna rip my pants!" Y/n begrudgingly followed Smile into the woods. "Whatever it is you need to show me, better be good. You know I hate this place."

"Well, I think I'm worth showing." The voice startled Y/n and she jumped. "Wha- who- Smile!" She called after the fog who tackled the person to the ground. "damn it dog!" The person yelled. "Who are you?" Asked Y/n, her voice shaking. "Forgot me already? I'm hurt." He spoke, walking towards her. She stepped back, "Y-your-"

"Yep, I sure am. What did they do to you..?" Jeff asked, stopping his movement. "I- you're real..? They- you-" Y/n walked towards him and touched his arm. "You're real.." she muttered. "Of course I am." He slowly answered, grabbing both her hands. Y/n squeezed his hands, "Why?" She asked, looking straight into his icy blues. "Why what?" He asked back, not sure what she was talking about. Smile moved to his owner's side and rubbed his face against his leg. "Why'd you leave me?" Jeff's face took on realization. "I had to. I wanted you to be safe." He answered, interlacing his fingers with hers. "But I was safe... I- I wasn't safe where the sent me." She looked down at both their feet. "I'm sorry. I thought it was for the best." Jeff spoke, making her look back up at him. "Please don't ever leave me again."