Chap. 1 - Heathrow Airport

Why did Sophia feel she was always in a hurry? That was actually a pretty good question to which she still hadn't found an answer. Basically she was always in a rush to get somewhere or to get something done. She felt as though she didn't have enough time left for the things she really needed in her life like family and love, but her job was so important to her. Becoming a UNICEF representative had been her life goal and she couldn't be happier about having managed to achieve it. The only problem was seeing more of her family, who also happened to live in another country and also her friends, all busy in opposite sides of the world for work.

She was so glad that she was finally going home to Italy for two weeks before heading off for New York for a really important meeting. She was looking forward to seeing her parents and her sister for the first time in a coulple of months. She also couldn't wait to meet up with her high-school besties, Giorgia and Francesca, who unfortunately she hardly ever managed to see.

Sophie finally closed her computer and stood up in her office. After having wished her colleagues a merry Easter she put on her beloved trench coat. Begrudgingly, she took hold of her suitcase and a few other bags, because she didn't have enough time to cross London, get to her apartment, change, collect her suitcase and reach Heathrow in time for her flight. She then walked out of the building and reached the nearest Tube station. It was an easy and quick ride on the underground to the Airport and it was soon over.

Taking a deep breath, Sophie walked into the airport and started to queue for the check-in. After having left her suitcase she realized she had quite a lot of time to spare, so she decided to go to the more quiet and comfortable VIP lounge, to which she had access as a frequent flyer.

When she finally reached the lounge, she felt extremely relieved. She was exhausted after weeks of non-stop working and certainly the stiletto heels she wa wearing as part of her office outfit weren't helping her tired legs and feet. She soon realized she was alone, there was nobody there to criticize her if she changed her shoes. She sat down in one of those really comfortable armchairs and pulled her pretty flats out of her carry-on. She then proceeded to take of her favourite pair of heeled booties and put her ballet flats on. She was about to put the pair of heels away when she heard laughter from behind her. She swiftly turned around and saw the person who apparently was laughing at her.

He was a man. Well, man was definitely an understatement. He was probably the most handsome man she had ever seen. She was actually tempted to describe him as beautiful, although she felt pretty sure he was the typical male who would have felt insulted if described whith such a feminine adjective, but he most definitely was beautiful. He had a chiseled face with a cheeky grin and the bluest eyes she had ever seen. She suddenly awoke from her trance and glared at him.

"Excuse me?!?"

He just looked at her and smiled. Yes, he smiled. It was a real smile, not one of those famous smirks most men like him were prone to wearing. He said: "Sorry! I didn't mean to be rude. I was just suprised. It's the first time I've seen a woman like you not being embarrassed to change into more normal clothes here."

"What do you mean with a woman like me?"

"A woman who evidently likes looking posh and elegant, if not over-the-top."

"How insulting! You don't know anything about me!"

"That's right! But I like your attitude! How about we just sit down and get to know each other a little? I'm Ian!"

"Fine! I'm Sophia!"

End of the first chapter! It's my first story so I'd really appreciate your comments! Do you like the idea? Do you think I should go on writing it?

Virginia xoxoxox