Epilogue

Many years had passed since you left. Each year on Sora's birthday, you would always come back to visit Magnolia as you promised Zeref on that day. Each time you had to leave, you knew Zeref was sad to see you go because he could no longer hold you in his arms. There were times when you would be able to spend the night or two, but that was it. Over the years, you managed to find surviving dragons and build a domain to shelter humans as well for peace to continue.

The past seven years had been peaceful ever since, and that pleased you. While resting in the Eastern forest of Magnolia, you slept there with your tail covering your face as you slept peacefully. Well, that was until you heard a twig snap nearby, and that instantly caused you to raise your head in alarm and growled through your teeth. When you saw a boy with short, black hair and [e/c] orbs, you softened your expression and lowered your head when the boy came across you with a small bowl of water.

This boy was your creation, and he's grown so much since the last time you saw him. "Back here again, I see." You spoke, watching his every move with those green eyes of yours. "Welcome home, mom." Sora sat next to you, drinking the bowl of water before offering it to you, only to shake your head in response. You slowly wrapped your tail around him gently and tenderly caressed his face with your snout. You knew you could transform back into a human, but you wanted Sora to get used to seeing you in this form as well.

You were grateful that Sora did not fear you and decided to sit down beside you to spend time with his mother. "It's almost your birthday, my love. How is your father doing?" You asked, staring down at him with love in your eyes because he was just precious to you. "He missed you a lot. Hey, mom! Can we fly in the sky again?" He asked, his eyes sparkling with joy since he was genuinely excited to spend time with you and be in the sky again since he waited for a year.

Who were you to crush his dreams?

After a moment of thinking, you nodded and waited for Sora to climb on top of you. Since he was only seven, he struggled to climb because of your massive size, but you lifted him with your tail. "Be sure to hang on tight to me, Sora. And don't you even think about jumping off for me to catch you."

You sternly directed to your son because last time, he almost gave you a heart attack, so you had to be strict with him. Once Sora grabbed ahold of your azure mane tightly, you lifted yourself into the air. During the ride in the clouds, you were happy to hear your son's laughter as he clung onto you for dear life. You could see the stars in his eyes when he was in the clouds again. "Hey, mom! Will you teach me how to transform into a dragon like you? I wanna fly in the clouds with you!"

You were surprised to hear the fact that he wanted you to teach him how to transform into a dragon, and honestly, it warmed your heart. "When you're old enough, yes. I will someday teach you how to fly in the sky." You promised before making your way back to the safety of the sound that you once called home. Once you safely reached the ground, you lowered yourself onto the terrain and waited for Sora to get off before transforming back to your natural self.

Your hair was no longer white. Instead, it was the same hair color you were born with as well as your eyes changed back to how they used to be before. "Come on, let's go greet your father." You gently took your son's hand and began making your way back to Magnolia, answering every question Sora asked you on the way home. Of course, you didn't mind the fact that he was amazed by your power, and you hoped that he would someday use his for good.

You soon picked up your son in your arms and held him close as you walked through the town of Magnolia. You were surprised to see that everything has changed so much the last time you were here. Memories of the war long forgotten because, in the end, there was peace, and you finally got what you wanted. You had a family of your own and fixed everything your father had destroyed.