“Of Leo!” She said before looking up into my eyes. “My dad basically threatened me to not marry you, I’m really sorry. I’m sorry for everything. I just couldn’t take seeing you and Leo at the doctor, you guys just looked so… good together. You know we were together for a really long time, I’m not over you Niki.”

        I watched as her eyes became watery as she continued by saying, “I’m not in a relationship anymore. I really miss you.” Ah man not the tears, I thought while watching multiple tears flowed down her cheeks.

        Wiping her cheeks I sighed before saying, “I missed you too Toni, at first. But you really hurt me; you broke me in more ways than one. Not only when you left me, but when you decided to talk to Emilio. Why would you talk to him?”

        “I just did okay!” She yelled while turning her head away from me. “I’m sorry for everything Niki,” she said while turning to face me once again. “You know, being basically ruled by your father your entire life can really take its toll. I’m going to try to marry someone for love and not for money. Leo seems like a good fit for you, I still can’t believe that you’re gay.”

        Laughing I slowly stood up while trying to hide my burning cheeks. “I wouldn’t really say gay… I just… well…”

        “Have the hots for Leo,” Toni finished with a smile.

        “That’s one way of saying it. Look Toni,” I said while looking down at her. “I’m going to forgive you, just never do something like that ever again. And I’m sure you’ll find someone for love, just don’t let your dad tell you you have to marry for money. That’s not the way to find true love.”

        “I know, thank you Niki.” With that she wrapped her arms around me in an almost bone crushing hug. “Make sure Leo treats you right.”

        “I will.” Giving her one last smile, I slowly made my way out of the house; feeling like a giant weight had been lifted off my shoulders.

**

        “Niki! Your date is here!”

        “Coming,” I grumbled while desperately trying to make my mess of hair look somewhat presentable. After realizing it wasn’t going to get much better, I heavily sighed before walking out into the living room.

        After walking into the room I stopped short while seeing Leo and Axel arm wrestling. “Why are you so strong?” Axel asked when his hand was landing onto the table beneath him.

        “I do a lot of lifting.”

        “Really?”

        “I lift a lot of food to my mouth,” I said, making both Leo and Axel start laughing. “What? It’s true.”

        Getting up, Leo made his way over to me with a big smile onto his face. “Oh bello. Are you ready to go?” After nodding we started to leave the apartment not before hearing,

        “You crazy love birds have fun!” Rolling my eyes I ignored the deep laughter behind me while pulling Leo into the elevator.

        “So where are we going?”

        “That is a surprise Nikolai.”

        Giving a sigh I continued to follow him out toward his car, suddenly hoping he wasn’t planning on taking me somewhere expensive. Sure I had a good chunk of change to my name, but not a big of a chunk that he had.