.

Yugyeom felt like he was drowning.

Drowning in the music that blasted through his headphones at full volume.

Drowning in his racing heartbeat

Drowning in his thoughts that overflowed themselves, jumbling his brain into a confused mess to where he couldn't properly think and his breathing sped

Drowning in the stuttered gasps coming from his dry lips as tears leaked out of his eyes as he laid flat on his back on his driveway, staring at the dark sky.

He wished he could be swallowed up by the sky, surrounded in the twinkling stars and the ever-still silence.

He wished to be forgotten by his loved ones, fading from memory as if he never existed at all.

He wished for someone, something to take him from this hell. This cage that was his brain that wouldn't stop running a mile a minute and let him catch up and process all the frantic thoughts flying around in his head.

And then he zoned back into his rapid heartbeat and uneven breaths, noticed how loud his music was and how cold it had gotten.

How hard the cement was and how unforgiving the universe was as he continued to wallow in his own thoughts, flailing desperately for something to pull him out of the sea that was his brain.

He wished to be held by someone, to be hushed and rocked, to be comforted and loved.

Oh, he wished for that so badly, for someone to hear his silent cry that deafened his ears and made him curl in on himself, shielding away from the nonexistent mister that was supposedly in front of him.

But he realized that he was alone, so alone in this world of billions of people who could care less of his existence.

He uncurled, laying flat again as the tears dried. As the sadness left, leaving a gaping cavity of numbness. Nothingness that swallowed him whole.

It made him question everything, if life was worth living, why his friends put up with his constant mood drops. Why anybody dealt with him when he couldn't even deal with himself.

Why exist if all you do is suffer anyway?

Why go through all the pain just to die, and you don't even know what happens after you do?

Yugyeom doesn't know how long he laid there, questioning the existence of everything, watching as the stars disappeared and the sky start to lighten.

Nor does he know why Jinyoung took out one of his earbuds, laid next to him on the ground, and put it in his own ear.

He doesn't question how his friend knew where he was. Nor does he flinch away when Jinyoung interlaced their fingers and gives Yugyeoms hand a squeeze.

And they stay like that until they see the sunrise, listening to sad music and tightly holding hands.

And slowly, the feeling of suffocation leaves, the drowning ceases and he's enveloped in warmth that is Park Jinyoung.

The older had moved to sit them both up and hug the taller whilst they sit on the ground, repeatedly running a hand through Yugyeoms hair and rubbing circles on his back.

He doesn't know when he started crying again. But it wasn't aggressive, it was just silent waterfalls that slowly soaked through Jinyoung's grey hoodie.

The male didn't mind, only moving to kiss Yugyeoms forehead lovingly and draw him closer. After a few more minutes Jinyoung pulled Yugyeom away from his shoulder so he could look at the wrecked boy.

"Let's go inside gyeom." The latter nodded, following his crush in a zombie-like manner. They quickly entered Yugyeoms home and went straight to his bedroom.

Jinyoung stopped them both, took Yugyeoms phone and headphones, and set them aside before climbing into Yugyeoms bed and pulling the boy down to lay beside him.

Jinyoung scooted up farther and then pulled Yugyeom until the boy was flush against him, head pressed to his chest. He threw Yugyeoms hand over his waist and tangled their legs together before hugging him and began to rake through his hair once more.

"I'm here gyeommie, I'm sorry I was late." Jinyoung softly apologized after a few minutes of silence. The response he got was the male simply burying his head deeper into Jinyoung's clothed chest and tightening his arm around Jinyoung's waist.

"Thank you," came a muffled vocal response a few minutes later, earning a soft smile from the older.

"You don't realize how much I needed this, you help me silence myself Hyung. I can't thank you enough," as Yugyeom speaks, Jinyoung tilts the boys head up so they look at each other, faces only a few inches apart.

"Always Gyeom. I'll always be here for you. Even if I'm late, I'll be there." Jinyoung's tender voice calms Yugyeom as they stare deeply into each other's eyes, getting lost memorizing the image details you could only spot from the close proximity they were in.

And something clicks inside Yugyeom, that missing piece finally slots itself into its rightful place as he pulls Jinyoung's head down to make their lips meet.

And as the kiss deepens, he feels all of his worries fly off of him.

.
.
.
Honestly, Idk what this is. I've been feeling really lonely and this one-shot is really just my feelings and stupid dreams that will never come true.

I needed a place to vent but social media didn't seem fit because I just wanted to express my jumbled thoughts without people bombarding me with questions and me struggling to explain that I just want someone to hold me, hide me from myself and make me forget my sadness.

Anyways love you guys. <3