part 25. sparring match.

Start from the beginning

Issei: I think now is also a good time to train. Yo Vali want to spar?

Vali: now you're talking.

Kuroka: oh geez. We better put up a few barriers just in case then we should talk to Rias. Don't want to be around these two fighting.

Everyone: agreed.

Kuroka and the others leave to visit Rias and plan the match against Riser.
Meanwhile with Issei and Vali.

Vali: I've been waiting for this.

Issei: then let's skip the formalities and go all out.

Both: BALANCE BREAK

Both enter their balance breakers, their armours are similar but different in colours, Vali's being white and blue white Issei's armour is red but with a black outline on each and the tip of his tail releasing a flame as well. Both don't waste time and launch a full assault, they only held back just enough to make sure the barriers didn't break. Ddraig already told Issei about the dividing gear main abilities such as divide and half dimension. Issei used his light spears to avoid contact and to inflict as much damage as he can, he used the spear to block and then launched it like a javelin straight towards Vali's wing and almost hit his head.

Vali: you nearly killed me. Looks like I'll have to risk breaking the barriers if it means I can win.

Vali powers up and shows his true skill, he actually made contact with Issei and landed blow after blow breaking his armour.

Albion: divide x5

Issei's power diminished greatly but Vali continues to assault him. He shot his demonic aura and buried Issei under rubble.

Issei thinks to himself: if only I could use promotion like the old days.... I need that power...... I....NEED....IT

Ddraig: then do it Issei. SHOW THE WHITE BASTARD WHAT WE CAN DO.

Boost.

Vali: you still got some fight left in you.?

Boost.
Boost.
BOOST X30

Issei: PROMOTION. SONIC WELSH KNIGHT.

Issei launched himself from the rubble and same at supersonic speeds.
His armour thinner and more aerodynamic.

Issei: PROMOTE TO ROOK.

Ddraig: CHANGE SOLID IMPACT.

His armour morphed once again, it became more bulky and clearly getting hit by that would mean certain death to anyone who isn't strong enough to defend or dodge. Issei boosted his power and accelerated his fist using his elbow thrusters. Vali couldn't dodge fast enough and used his arms to block, it was a direct hit and he was sent flying with half his armour broken.

Issei: PROMOTE TO BISHOP.

Ddraig: CHANGE. WELSH BISHOP BLASTER.

Twin cannons appeared on Issei's shoulders while his tail went straight into the ground for support.

Boost x 10

Issei: Ddraig FIRE.

Two beams of pure energy fired and hit Vali directly. All of Vali's armour was all but destroyed.

Vali: damn. I lost. You're stronger than I thought.

Issei's armour dispersed.

Issei: thanks, I'm exhausted.

Issei fell on his knees breathing heavily.

Vali: so how long have you had that ability?

Issei: since a moment ago.

Vali: damn bro. You're crazy. I like that.

Issei reaches out for his hand and accepts his help getting up.

Vali: never could I have though about armour being promoted that extent.

Issei: we're part of the supernatural bro even the most senseless things make sense to us.

Vali: well........you're not wrong.

Issei: our fight was short.

Vali: cause we just started fighting. No plan, no tricks, just straight up sparring.

Issei: yeah....I honestly enjoyed it.

Ophis appeared.

Ophis: that was a good fight.

Both Issei and Vali are startled by the little dragon God showing up out of nowhere.

Issei: you've been here the whole time?

Ophis: yes.

Issei: hey there's something I need to know, how did you end up in the chaos brigade?

Ophis: I used to be their leader but I grew bored.

Issei:........

Vali: yeah you get used to it.

Ophis: Issei. Chocolate.

Issei: sure.

Issei just gives her what she wants.