part 5. unofficial rating game.

The match was underway, Kiba used his speed and the tree as camouflage and set up traps. Koneko and Akeno moved forward and waited for Riser to make the first move because due to inexperience they dare not try. Seconds later, 2 knights from Riser's team came in head on with malicious grins but didn't notice the traps, they triggered the pit falls and fell into it followed by large boulders being pushed in by Koneko but not before Kiba fought them to divert their attention from the traps and fell for them.

Grayfia: both of Riser's knights retired.

Two bishops and 4 pawns came in next, one pawn held a staff, one was a fist fighter while the other 2 carried chainsaws. Koneko shattered the ground with her rook strength then Kiba used his sacred gear sword birth to create multiple swords from the ground, without any proper balance both bishops and 3 pawns were impaled.

Grayfia: Riser's 2 bishops and 3 pawns retired.

The 4th pawn used her staff to push herself away and promoted to rook. She and Koneko were in close combat, none having the upper hand during their 7 minute fight but fatigue started to set in. Koneko barely managed to dodge a critical hit from the staff but took the chance to break it. She then punched Riser's pawn in the gut and sent her through several trees.

Grayfia: Riser's 4th pawn retired.

Kiba already tired from digging the traps and Koneko wasn't doing too well either but could still fight. As soon as she caught her 2nd wind she was it with an explosive spell and hit the boulder nearby. Koneko looked up and saw Riser's queen aka the bomb queen. Koneko was no match for her and prepared to get blasted again until she heard the lightning strike. Akeno flew up and challenged the bomb queen to a one on one fight.

The 2 queens attacked each other relentlessly with lightning and bomb magic, both were injured and the pain nearly made them pass out. Then Akeno was enveloped by a green light and her injuries were healing.

Bomb queen: what the? How are you healing yourself?

Akeno: I'm not. Our Bishop is our healer. You guys have Phoenix tears, we have her.

The bomb queen looked towards Asia standing next to Rias, she notices her sacred gear rings on her finger. This infuriated her and that was the distraction Akeno needed. She used her Holy lightning to the max and struck down the bomb queen.

Grafia: Riser's queen retired. Only Riser and his four pawns remain.

Rias calls her team through a communication circle and orders them to regroup.

Rias: back to base everyone. Take a small break and recover. We can win this.

Everyone except Issei return to Rias.

Rias: alright so now only 4 pawns remaining.... Wait where's Issei?

Grayfia: Riser's last 4 pawns retire.

Team Rias: what the.......

Issei returns to base a minute later with his hands covered in blood.
The others just look at him in awe.

Kiba: umm Issei. Is that your blood?

Issei: nope. I just took out the last four pawns while Riser was busy looking at you guys fight. He nor his pawns noticed me after I sped by I beat them up a bit hence the blood.

Akeno: but how did you beat them? Just drawing blood from punching them isn't enough to stop them.

Issei: there were a few poisonous plants here. I used the shards of wood to prick their skin and waited for the poison to take effect. The poison will paralyze them for a while but it won't kill them. They'll be fine.

Rias: that's a.....really good plan. Nice work.

Issei: I don't need you to tell me that.

He glares at her, Rias could have sworn that his eyes almost turned green for a split second.
Just then Riser appeared in the middle on the field and called them out.

Riser: RIAS. THIS HAS GONE ON LONG ENOUGH. I INVITE YOU AND YOUR TEAM TO FIGHT ME.

Rias and the others looked at each other and nodded in agreement. They made their way to Riser.

Riser: glad you came.

Rias: oh shut it Riser. We just beat your whole peerage and still have all our members. You can't win.

Riser: ha. And people think I'm arrogant. I told my team to take it easy on you to make you let your guard down. I wanted the fun of taking you and your whole team down all on my own just to teach you a lesson.

Rias: why would you do that?

Riser: because look at your team, not only do you lack members but they were barely ready to fight, just look into their eyes. They are distraught but I commend you for taking out my team in your current state.

Rias looks at her team and notices that Kiba, Akeno, Koneko and Asia were distraught as if the weight of the world was on their shoulders.

Riser: you should have taken some time train and compose yourself like I said.

Rias:........ I hate to admit it but you're right so I'll take you on alone.

Her team immediately refused.

Akeno: LIKE HELL YOU WILL!

Koneko: We fight together.

Kiba and Asia: yeah.

Issei: hmph.

Rias notices that Issei didn't bat an eye our even look at her, he just sat on a rock. Rias was hurt after Issei told her that he doesn't care about her or her team and won't help her and now he was proving it, her heart shattered.

Rias: I'm sorry everyone, I was impatient and dragged you all into this, I'll fight him alone and that's an order from your king.

Everyone except Issei we're about to refuse but Rias made them stay. Rias walked up to Riser and wasted no time attacking. She hit Riser with her power of destruction not even holding back but Riser regenerated his injuries everytime. Rias erased his limbs, his organs and even his head but Riser regenerated those too. If blasting his head off won't kill him then what will? Rias was completely drained and fell on her knees.

Riser: are you done so soon?

Rias was getting hit by the realization. She and her whole time were on the edge of giving up but she couldn't give up, if she gave up then she'll lose Issei, she wanted to make things right with him and how her team was too tired to fight a guy who was basically immune to all her attacks.

Riser: just give up Rias. You can't win.

Rias was on the verge of tears at the hopeless situation. She was a horrible master and hurt them and she was forced to marry Riser, karma is a bitch.

Issei got up and walked towards Rias.

Issei: looks like I'm up. Why don't you go back to the others let me handle it?

Rias snaps out of her pathetic state and just looks at Issei.

Rias: he can regenerate so can you beat him?

Issei: that's what I'm relying on.

Rias: wait what?

Issei: you heard me. Now go back let me end this

Riser: about time you stepped up. That raging look in your eyes has me all fired up. So much that I might actually end up killing you.

Issei: you won't get the chance.

Next chapter: Issei vs Riser showdown.