part 17. the first fallen king.

The next morning Issei contacts everyone tells them that Sirzechs summoned them asap. They all arrive at Sirzechs's office and go inside.

Sirzechs: ah everyone is here. Right on time to.

Rias: do you have a mission for us? A stray devil again?

Rias was hoping for one so that she and could fight along side Issei.

Sirzechs: not at all. There's going to be a ceremony.

Asia: what kind?

Sirzechs: it's a surprise. Issei would you please step forward.

Issei is confused but does as he's told.
Sirzechs gives Issei a box. Issei opens it and sees a chess set. The energy it gave off immediately proved that they were evil pieces, they didn't contain 15 pieces but full 16 including the king Piece. Everyone was bewildered by it.

Issei: Sirzechs is that what I think it is?

Sirzechs: yes. All of the higher ups have decided to give you your own evil pieces as a reward for helping us avoid another great war and no I will not accept your refusal.

Issei knew Sirzechs well enough to know that once he makes a decision he won't change his mind. He looked to Grayfia for aid but eyes said "accept it dumbass". Issei gave up.

Issei: i.....I accept. Thank you.

Issei bows in gratitude.

Sirzechs: there's something you should know. You also have a king Piece, it will increase your power far beyond your expectations.

Rias: but aren't those rare and illegal?

Grayfia: but considering his efforts and the kind of person Issei is we decided that he should have this power.

Issei: why me of all people?

Sirzechs: because you showed perfect control over yourself and you care about those around you even if they hurt you. You want to protect them and with it you'll achieve your goal.

Issei: ......................... You two know me too well.

Issei smiles and so does everyone else.

Sirzechs: now let's move this along. Accept the king Piece into you after you channel your power into it.

Issei picks up the king Piece from the set and channels his energy into it. It changed from a glowing red to red and black. It radiated it's new energy and the other pieces changed, they mutated and are similar to the king Piece but have lower stats. Everyone looks at Issei and give him a concerned look.

Akeno: Issei.....that energy. Is it what we all think it is?

Issei looks at her.

Issei: I guess there's no point in hiding it.

Issei shows them his 8 fallen angel wings. Everyone has mixed emotions except Kuroka.

Issei: I know you all have the same question but Ddraig explains it best. Ddraig?

A red gauntlet appears on Issei's left arm.

Ddraig: I'll make it short. After Issei got the heart of the fallen transplanted into him, Kuroka's senjutsu magic merged Issei's dragon DNA with the DNA of the fallen as to not risk Issei's body rejecting the heart. His body accepted it and it was altered. Issei now has the powers of a fallen and a dragon. He's the first to be a part of both worlds.

Rias: but to have 8 wings and yet none of us could sense it.

Ddraig: because Issei only has the wings so far, he has yet to unlock the powers. I can train him with his dragon powers but the abilities of a fallen are not a part of expertise.

Azazel: I'll teach him.

Everyone looks behind them. A man wearing a suit and had black hair with golden bangs.

Issei: oh hey it's you. Sorry that I couldn't join you for almost the whole year Azazel.

Azazel: so you knew who I was this whole time?

Issei: yeah. I know the power of the fallen when I sense it and your power isn't exactly small enough to hide completely.

Azazel: you got me.

He laughs awkwardly.

Azazel: so I'll train you but I need to know just how powerful you'll become with the king Piece. I want to see.

Issei: alright. Here I go.

Issei accepts the pawn piece and it merged with his body. Issei's power was now 100 times stronger, his 8 wings became 12 and were bigger, they had far more power in them, Issei's brown hair turned black with a streak of blood red, his sclera turned black but his iris remained green. Issei's gauntlet morphed, ( think fourth liberation). But the round jewel on the back of his hand now had a long thin golden gem with red and black energy floating it it.

Ddraig: BOOSTED GEAR NEW EVOLUTION.

Issei: this power..... I feel like I can do anything.

Sirzechs: Issei you're almost as strong as I am. This is beyond what I expected.

Everyone was in awe after seeing what had just transpired.

Azazel: incredible. Issei before we begin training come to the Grigori, I want to know why the pieces mutated, you got stronger but didn't turn into a devil, since this is a first we need answers. Come by tomorrow alright?

Issei: sure. Some answers would be nice.

Kuroka: so you're a dragon, a fallen and a king. I think I have a new nickname for you love. How about The Fallen Dragon King?

Issei: that does have a nice ring to it.

Kuroka: was it because it suits you or was it because I said it?

Issei: why not both?

Everyone: get a room you two.

Both got caught flirting and turned red.

Sirzechs: well now all that's left is for Issei to find members in his peerage. Congrats Issei.

Everyone else: congrats Issei.

Issei: thank you everyone.

Issei smiled at them all with no hate. Issei really was getting closer to forgiving them and moving on. Everyone went back to their daily routine.

At Issei's apartment.

Kuroka: hey Issei there's something I need to do, I'll ba back soon. I have to meet up with some old friends and tell them about me being a free devil now, it's been close to a year since I last saw them so I'll be gone for a few days.

Issei: alright hon. Call me if you need anything.

Kuroka kisses him and leaves. Issei is alone so now he can put his plan into action.

Issei: hey partner.

Ddraig: I know what you're thinking about and I say yes.

Issei: she would be the perfect queen wouldn't she?

Ddraig: she truly would.

Issei: Kuroka as my queen. I can't stop smiling at the though.

Ddraig: how about Kuroka as your wife?

Issei's face went super red and his knees began to shake.

Issei: that....would.....be......bliss.

Ddraig: hahahahahhaaahaaha.