Chapter 12

After class, he invited me to go to his happy place. I do not know where it is but still I followed him.

I texted Mom and Dad not to pick me up after school because I have some stuff to do after class.

We drove not so far from the University and reached a beach. I can hear the waves calling my soul. I can feel the sand inviting every little bone in my body to come and join them. I can feel my heart vibrating to the clashing of the waves. I closed my eyes and feel the calmness and serendipity.

We got out of the car and walked in the beach. I was never happier until that day. How could he know this is my happy place too? He sat on the sand and watched the waves entertain us.

"You really has a great taste in some things. Like this, this happy place."

I said. I never see him so serious until that day. "Yeah, this is where Mom and Dad met. We always visit this beach every weekend, have a camp fire and dance under the bright moon. My sister would dance with Dad and I would dance with Mom."

He smiled as he reminisces those happy memories he shared. But there was pain in his voice. I knew there was something wrong but I decided not to ask. I knew he's not ready to share it.

He stood, took his shirt and pants off and went to welcome the waves. "Come on. It's relaxing!" He invited. But I hesitated since I do not have any extra shirt.

"You can use my shirt." So I grabbed his shirt, took off my dress and went to the waves and joined Chandler. We played with the waves and even chase each other.

"So, the girl in your IG. Is he your girlfriend?" I asked. His eyes widened. Maybe he's thinking I stalked his IG which I really did.

"Uh yeah. Before. We broke up last summer." He was just straight to the point. Maybe he doesn't want to talk with their past and I was fine with that at least.

I turned my attention to the waves massaging my back. We rose and dried ourselves. We took a pic in his phone and I captured the most beautiful sunset that day. It's been a long time since I've been to the beach because Mom and Dad has been very busy lately as well as Aubrey. So we spend our weekend at home, watching movies and playing like we're still both 5 year-old kids.

For the first time in my life, someone drove me home. Not Dad nor Mom. It's Chandler. We sang and laughed and talk about different things we have in common. I thanked Chandler for driving me home.

"Hey, have a good night sleep. I'm so happy today." He's eyes sparkled. I couldn't help myself to be stunned by his handsome face. "Thank you for today Chan. Good night." I smiled at him and watch him drove home.