Chapter 9: Trouble In Inkopolis

Start from the beginning

"Sounds like a great plan! But what if we fail and Tar Tar manages to take over?" Pearl asked. "Well there is a 87.295% chance we will win. So I don't think we will lose. But if part of the plan goes wrong: one of us is captured, the helicopter is shot down, any of us are killed or Sanitized, we can't get 3 and 4 back, that percentage can go down by at least 67%, meaning we would lose and there would basically be no way of winning." Lukas told her. "Well, we beat the odds then and we win the fight. For Inkopolis!" Marina said. "For Inkopolis!" The entire team shouted. Crusty Sean then came out with our food, and Off the Hook left to do their show.

We ate for about 15 minutes, talking about how owr days were going. Other inklings and octolings were coming out so we couldn't talk about agent work or our plan to defeat Tar Tar. We then watched Off the Hook as they announced something.

Pearl: You know what time it is!
Marina: Its Off the Hook, coming at you live from Inkopolis Square!
Pearl: Rina there's some breaking news!
Marina: What is it Pearlie? What's happened?
Pearl: Well Rina, Sanitized Octolings have been seen causing carnage across the Square! All citizens need to avoid them at all cost!
Marina: Really Pearlie? Well that case, all citizens need to stay safe and if you see these people, run away and stay away from then!

Marina and Pearl continued their announcements and then ended their show with their signiture phrase, 'Dont get cooked, stay off the hook!' "Stay alert team, they could strike at any time." Marie said. "Hey guys! We just ran from our studio! We saw a group of 3 Octolings causing havoc near the turf war arenas!" Pearl said. "Well let's go then!" I told them all and we headed that way.

"Well, well, well. If it isn't the traitor and his team of superfluous nobodies." The leader looked at me and stepped forward. He held an Octoshot that seemed to have very long range. "Why don't you go back to your master, octoling scum." I stepped forward and held my splatterscope. "What did you just call me?" "Did I STUTTER?" He shot my leg and I fell to the ground. "Agents, splat these thugs." Marie took over and the others started to attack.

"You ok?" Sonia helped me up and then fought beside me. We continued to fight, these Octolings were considerably harder than the ones we have fought before. Callie and Pearl were knocked back and had no shield; Marina was injured and Lukas ran over to help her; Marie had taken one of the Octolings down and fighting off another. Me and Sonia fought of the leader together, but struggling to splat him. "Sonia, watch out!" Sonia was knocked by another who had come out of no where. It was just me and Marie. Marie ended up defeating her octoling and fighting the other. She was later knocked back by the leader, who diverted his attention from me to her. It was just me left now.

"Say goodbye, traitor." I fell down and the octoling was about to splat me. "Goodbye..." A voice came from behind him and splatted both him and his friend. "You ok there Tobias?" It was Lance. "Thanks Lance. You really saved my life there." "No problem, anything for my sisters boyfriend." He smiled and then said goodbye, walking toward the arenas. "Everyone ok?" I asked as most people got up without a problem. "Most of us are, Marina Is injured though." Lukas told me. "Well that was a stupid idea." I said, laughing while rubbing the back of my head. "Well, I had fun doing that. It's better than just chatting about a plan and eating food." Marie came over and joked with me, laughing a bit. Afterward, everyone joined in having a bit of a laugh before Marie talked to us again.

"Well, even though we got free food and also made the plan, the day was kind of a disaster, why don't we celebrate at The Crust Bucket after this is all over, so our day isn't ruined by some 'Octoling scum' as Tobias put it. For now, everyone prepare for tommorow. Tommorow is the day we bring back our friends and defeat the villain. Hands in the middle everyone." We all did as she said and she started us off. "On 3.." Marie started. "1" Pearl and Callie said. "2..." Sonia joined in with Lukas and Marina. "3..." I put my hand in last and we all shouted. "Squidbeak Splatoon!"

~6s POV~

I was still being supported by Lukas as I was injured. One of the octolings had shot me in my side, causing it to bleed and hurt. There was alot of pain, and blood was coming out. "Lukas... I-I don't feel s-so good..." I fell to the ground. I had fainted.

~Lukas' POV~

"Rina!" I got down beside her and put my arms under her body. I then picked her up and took her to Sonia's apartment. I had been staying with Sonia while I was doing these missions, plus Pearl said to take her there, apparently she wanted to be alone and not have to care for Marina at that time. It was a bit strange, they were best friends, but after Marina was rejected by her, things changed between them. They still joked around as friends would and they still did the news together always, but they seemed distant from each other, not to mention not really like talking to each other.

We got to Sonia's and I layed Marina on the spare bed. Sonia then came in and wrapped up her bleeding spot, then placed a cool, damp cloth on her head. She then proceeded to leave the room and leave us alone. "What h-happened Luke?" Marina slowly woke up and looked toward me. "You fainted and I brought you back to Sonia's. Pearl didn't want to care for you, so we did." "Thank you so much, you are really kind." She smiled at me. Then, trying to move, she flinched in pain. "Your side is still pretty bad, so you may wanna stay layed down for a bit." I told her as I looked at her side. "Hey, Luke." "Yeah Rina?" "I actually have something to tell you, well ive been meaning to tell you for a couple of days, I-I, I have a crush on you, and I love your personality, and--" "Well, I've had a crush on you for quite a while, I just held off asking as you still seemed to be quite hurt by Pearl rejecting you." I interupted her and told her my feelings back. "Would you wanna... You know... date?" Marina asked me. I grabbed her hand and squeezed it. "I'd love to." I blushed as I said it and so did Marina. "Now, Rina, get some rest, we have a mission to complete tommorow. You don't mind If I sleep with you tonight, do you? This is the bedroom I've been sleeping in after all." I rubbed the back of my head. I only wanted to check, I mean, we only just started dating. "Yeah, that's fine. Just If you try to hug me, be careful of my side." Marina answered me and I waved to her as I left the room.

After shutting the door, I headed to the living room where Sonia asked me what happened. "Well, I'm no longer single Soni, let's just say that." I smiled at Sonia, who knew what had happened. "Good on you Luke--WAIT A MINUTE... YOU'RE DATING MARINA, ARENT YOU?" I nodded and she screamed. "I've been waiting for this to happen!!!" She hugged me and congratulated me. I think she was shipping me and Marina from the start, after all, she seemed way to happy. Maybe it was just because she was my sister and was happy for me. "Well, looks like someone has a date to go on after all this." She smirked at me and joked about my relationship with me for the rest of the day.

~A few hours later~

~8S POV~

I lay on my bed, holding the ring box in one hand, and a picture of Cora in the other. "Tommorow is the day, I will save you sweetheart. I will bring you back home with me and we will live happily together. I will bring you back home, and do the one thing that I had planned to do that day... Propose." Putting the picture of Cora down, along with the ring, I rolled over and tried to get some sleep.